There aren't enough Loser leaves town or retirement matches in wrestling

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t watch the match but at least we were able to be surprised by the outcome of Jay White vs. Hikuleo loser leaves Japan match because the dirt sheets had been saying for months both are leaving New Japan so we could have easily seen it being both.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G can you make a list of wrestlers that were at the level of importance/stardom as the ones you posted in the OP that had Loser Leave Town matches that were actually meaningful? I don't think it's as big or as common as you think it is :patrice:

Even Flair's retirement, that was really well done and was done perfectly at WM, he didn't put a young guy over.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G can you make a list of wrestlers that were at the level of importance/stardom as the ones you posted in the OP that had Loser Leave Town matches that were actually meaningful? I don't think it's as big or as common as you think it is :patrice:

Even Flair's retirement, that was really well done and was done perfectly at WM, he didn't put a young guy over.

Flair losing to Mr Perfect in a "Loser Leaves Town" match on Raw in 93

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Flair losing to Mr Perfect in a "Loser Leaves Town" match on Raw in 93
Considering Flair's status at the time and what Perfect did afterwards, it's even less meaningful than Bryan vs Roman but sure, that's 1.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Considering Flair's status at the time and what Perfect did afterwards, it's even less meaningful than Bryan vs Roman but sure, that's 1.

I’m just saying the stipulation actually got fulfilled, he left and didn’t come back for like a decade