There are only 2 black owned grocery stores in the United States?

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Thread is dumb as fukk so imma just leave this here

lisamorales.jpg

How are you going to attempt shut down a thread on KEY issue like this?

Negged pending.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I can't believe this is true.

I went and did a search and found an article (from last year) saying there were only three: http://www.contracostatimes.com/con...a-residents-reflect-legacy-martin-luther-king

http://www.bbnomics.com/2015/06/only-2-black-owned-grocery-stores-left/

ONLY 2 BLACK OWNED GROCERY STORES LEFT

It turns out, in the US, we only have 2 grocery stores left. Count them 1…2… to feed 42 million of us! What a shame!

Study found that living in a poor, mostly black neighborhood presented “a double disadvantage” in grocery stores or supermarket access. Unsurprisingly, poor black neighborhoods had fewer supermarkets than wealthier black neighborhoods.

In addition, they also had fewer grocery stores or supermarkets than poor white neighborhoods, suggesting that race still played a role apart from poverty. In fact, the study showed that black neighborhoods with little poverty had fewer supermarkets, on average, than high-poverty white areas.

Calhoun Foods Grocery
204 W Lee Street in Tuskegee, AL
Phone: (334)-727-3410

Meet the Calhoun, owner of #CalhounFoods grocery chain in Alabama! 1 of very few #blackowned grocery stores left in the US. After calling several other (previously) black owned grocery stores it became apparent that many had to close due to competition. That said, we really have to make an effort to become loyal/repeat customers. Can you imagine how difficult it is to compete against your Pathmarks, Whole Foods, etc? If you’re in the area please visit their location!

Apples & Oranges Fresh Market
Fruit and Vegetable Store
Address: 1900 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21213
Phone:(410) 235-2900

Residents in east Baltimore were excited about the opening of a new grocery store in a community that’s been asking for one for a long time. Apples and Oranges Fresh Market is on North Broadway off North Avenue.

Not nearly enough attention has been paid to the damage that the continuing Great Recession has done to black Americans. It’s true that jobs and homes were lost across a wide expanse of ethnic and income groups. It’s true that white businesses as well as black-owned firms have failed. But African American communities were particularly vulnerable, and the downturn swept through them like an invading army, destroying wealth that had been painstakingly accumulated over decades and, in some cases, generations.

:mjcry:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Grow up please or I'll be forced to neg you again
im 33 and married breh and im a politician. how much more adult would you like me to become? :francis:

and how can you neg me twice? i thought you had to spread rep around 30 times before you neg the same person again :ohhh:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
im 33 and married breh and im a politician. how much more adult would you like me to become? :francis:

and how can you neg me twice? i thought you had to spread rep around 30 times before you neg the same person again :ohhh:
If you don't start naming more than 5 black owned grocery stores then you are going to look

childish.

and full of shyt.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
because its not true:russ:

thread is clearly straight up BS. :mjlol: Any nikka that believes out of ALL the grocery stores in America only two are black owned :stopitslime: is a dummy :yeshrug:

Obviously there are still not enough black enterpises out there. Not the saturation of black n'hoods with Asian and latino businesses. This is a serious issue.