There are 264 US universities that enroll >25% Hispanics

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I looked at the list and saw a bunch of community colleges and branch campuses
Yea 123 universities, 101 colleges, 40 community colleges (some that are whole districts). Branch universities are some the most populated schools in America.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hear you and while I agree, i think is is more than just having a large or growing population. This is more telling about Hispanics desire for a higher education. Yes most of the HSI's are in states with high hispanic populations California, Texas or Arizona. Education is rooted in Asian culture, so I don't find that to be a good comparison. This stat is impressive because of Hispanic's socioeconomic status in America. They might be poor and working class but their kids are getting educated. To think that their are 250+ universities that enroll >25% Hispanics in PWI schools with 5k to 30k students is impressive. I'm sure Black folk are still graduating high school and college at higher rates but I don't know how long that will last.
The graduation rates are not actually all the high for Black people, they're high for Black women which kind of skew the overall statistic, but we still have a massive disparity with Black men.
Dual-language skills coincide with better academic ability, which is certainly a boost.
And I mean in terms of sheer size, because a lot of public universities outside of the UC-system and the UT-system are quite easy to get into as long as you showed some high-school aptitude. I think its a good thing personally.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
try to make a point about the demographics of Everestt College and Heald brehs...

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
They're not that "organized" there are a lot of Hispanics, and a lot of them go to college.
If the East Asian population was anywhere close to the size of the Hispanic population here, the entire West Coast, the Ivies, and the top Public Research schools would all people "East Asian-Serving Institutions."
Hell, they're almost like that now.

They're 1/3rd of the world's population...