The words Cis and cisgender is now banned on twitter

bnew

Veteran
Daps
When was Cis a scientific term?

It was a term for whatever reason that was made up by the Alphabet Gang to differentiate us from them.

We didn't ask for that shyt :camby:

google bard:
ii6NKQr.png

The prefix "cis-" has been used in a scientific context since the 19th century. It comes from the Latin word "cis" meaning "on this side of." In chemistry, the prefix "cis-" is used to describe molecules or ions that have certain atoms or groups of atoms on the same side of a double bond or of the plane of a ring in a molecule.

The term "cisgender" was first coined in 1994 by Dana Defosse, a graduate student at the University of Minnesota. Defosse wanted to create a term that would be used to describe people whose gender identity aligned with the sex they were assigned at birth. The term "cisgender" was derived from the prefix "cis-" and the suffix "-gender."

The term "cisgender" was not widely used until the early 2000s. However, it has become increasingly popular in recent years as transgender rights have become more prominent in the public discourse.

In 2015, the Oxford English Dictionary added the term "cisgender" to its dictionary. This was a significant milestone for the transgender community, as it helped to legitimize the term and make it more widely known.

Today, the term "cisgender" is used by both transgender and cisgender people to describe someone whose gender identity aligns with the sex they were assigned at birth. It is a helpful term for understanding and discussing gender identity, and it is likely to become even more widely used in the years to come.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
google bard:
ii6NKQr.png

The prefix "cis-" has been used in a scientific context since the 19th century. It comes from the Latin word "cis" meaning "on this side of." In chemistry, the prefix "cis-" is used to describe molecules or ions that have certain atoms or groups of atoms on the same side of a double bond or of the plane of a ring in a molecule.

The term "cisgender" was first coined in 1994 by Dana Defosse, a graduate student at the University of Minnesota. Defosse wanted to create a term that would be used to describe people whose gender identity aligned with the sex they were assigned at birth. The term "cisgender" was derived from the prefix "cis-" and the suffix "-gender."

The term "cisgender" was not widely used until the early 2000s. However, it has become increasingly popular in recent years as transgender rights have become more prominent in the public discourse.

In 2015, the Oxford English Dictionary added the term "cisgender" to its dictionary. This was a significant milestone for the transgender community, as it helped to legitimize the term and make it more widely known.

Today, the term "cisgender" is used by both transgender and cisgender people to describe someone whose gender identity aligns with the sex they were assigned at birth. It is a helpful term for understanding and discussing gender identity, and it is likely to become even more widely used in the years to come.

Like I said it's a made up term no one used before the Alphabet boys became prominent as per your googles

Wasn't even in the dictionary or part of anyone on this sites syllabus in school :camby:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
This was a word something that I randomly encountered on facebook back when I was smashing this chick who was heavy on the pro-LGBT stuff at the time

Calling it a slur is a bit much but I don't like it
This weird pansexual neurotic sex addict cacette I matched with on tinder 6 years ago called me this as an insult

"You wouldn't understand. This is why I won't fukk you. You're just a cis-gender male :skip: "

I had low self-esteem back then. And even still I hit the :unimpressed: after I unmatched

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
This was a word something that I randomly encountered on facebook back when I was smashing this chick who was heavy on the pro-LGBT stuff at the time

Calling it a slur is a bit much but I don't like it
The original story consisted of a guy who had people constantly calling him CIS, despite him stating he does not identify with the term. According to the Pro-LGBTQA+ community, pushing a gender based label on someone who does not identify with it classifies as a slur. Elon clearly is not an honest actor here, but hey, those are rules the LGBTQA+ community defined, not Elon.

Last edited:

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
google bard:
kQPcwTO.png

No, cisgender is not a subset of a person's true sex/gender. Cisgender is a term used to describe people whose gender identity aligns with the sex they were assigned at birth. So, a cisgender man is someone who was assigned male at birth and identifies as male, and a cisgender woman is someone who was assigned female at birth and identifies as female.

A person's true sex/gender is their internal sense of their own gender identity. This is not always the same as the sex they were assigned at birth. For example, a transgender woman is someone who was assigned male at birth but identifies as female. Their true sex/gender is female, even though their assigned sex is male.

It is important to respect people's pronouns and gender identity, regardless of whether they are cisgender or transgender. Using the correct pronouns and gender identity can help to affirm people's sense of self and make them feel more comfortable and respected.

:ld:
No thanks