Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Wolf Among Us Season 2 Launching In 2019
by Imran Khan on May 25, 2018 at 01:12 PM

thewolfamongusseason2.jpg

The second season of The Wolf Among Us, Telltale's noir-ish graphic adventure based on the Bill Willingham comic series Fables, will launch in 2019.

Telltale had previously announced the new season of the episodic detective story would land in the latter half of 2018, but now has to put the game off to release next year. The reason, according to Telltale, is because of internal changes within the company.

"This delay comes as the result of a few fundamental changes here at Telltale since we first announced the game last summer," Telltale wrote in a blog post. "Most importantly, we're committed to exploring new ways to tell our stories. Taking this extra time will allow us not only to focus on quality but also to experiment and iterate in order to craft something truly special."

The changes are likely referring to restructuring and layoffs last year that resulted in 25% of the company losing their jobs. Since then, Telltale has been hiring for Unity engineers and developers, suggesting the studio is making a change from the engine it has been using for most of its games in the past.

Our Take
The Wolf Among Us is definitely in my top three of Telltale's games, so I have been anticipating this new season more than anything else they've announced. As long as the quality is there, I do not mind a delay in the least.
The Wolf Among Us Season 2 Launching In 2019

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, they're taking forever since I played The Wolf Among Us Season 1 on Xbox 360.

The Wolf Among Us is one of my favorite and underrated.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Telltale recently went through big shake ups as a company if anybody has followed them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this season was rebooted from scratch at some point caught between the old way and new way they're doing things.

Curious to see how the "new"telltale looks.

I believe I read they switched engines altogether and are using unity now

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
always saw the first game and wondered what made them pick that comic to make into the game.

I read about 50-60 issues years before the game came out and thought it was good, but was it really popular enough to warrant a game?:ohhh: