The Wizards haven't beaten the Spurs in San Antonio since 1999: UPDATE - Streak broken on 1/30/23

Will the streak be broken?

• Total voters

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt it's confusing to Spurs fans too :mjlol:
I bet. Y’all have a bunch of very solid rotation wings with Murray being really good but not star level great. Even Poetl is a nice big but he’s not the type to help advance a star deficient roster. Like y’all have drafted relatively well for the draft position you’ve had but it’s just hitting on solid role player types, which is really good for post lottery but a collection of them without an offensive star is just not worth it in todays league. Best case is to get a top 3-4 pick and hit on a potential player who can be that, but it’s a crapshoot after the first two picks. I don’t know what SA can do right now to be a team that can win games consistently

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Forgot this dude was in the league :wow:

He didn't even score :wow:

2nd year of an 80 million dollar deal :wow:

Tommy Sheppard's worst move. I understand why he did it... a year ago we had a rookie Avdija, 2nd year Rui, Isaac Bonga, and.. Anthony Gill as your SF/PFs? :wow: Also, the $80M isn't fully guaranteed... its more like a 4 year $70M deal... the final year is only $5M guaranteed.

Bertans shoulda been dealt at the 2020 trade deadline right before COVID hit :mjcry:

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I bet. Y’all have a bunch of very solid rotation wings with Murray being really good but not star level great. Even Poetl is a nice big but he’s not the type to help advance a star deficient roster. Like y’all have drafted relatively well for the draft position you’ve had but it’s just hitting on solid role player types, which is really good for post lottery but a collection of them without an offensive star is just not worth it in todays league. Best case is to get a top 3-4 pick and hit on a potential player who can be that, but it’s a crapshoot after the first two picks. I don’t know what SA can do right now to be a team that can win games consistently

They IRONICALLY need Kawhi Leonard... that roster is perfectly built around a guy like that. They also lack a PF...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh...they only play there once a year and the Spurs were perennial Finals contenders while the Wiz are always in the lottery
That was still 20+ years breh. And the Wizards weren’t always in the lottery during that time either.