Daps
So After playing about 30 Hours of this game:

-it's a fine game. like i said earlier, it's GoW, just less polished
-The characters are cool. It's kinda a love story in a way
-there are multiple endings
-It is semi open world, kinda like GoW or Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
-The combat is pretty straightforward, but there is little enemy variety

Some really egregious things i didn't like
-fast travel in this game is a chore. You cant just pick a spot/shelter to travel to. You have to go to a discovered shelter site and THEN use the fast travel feature. The game should have just let u travel from place to place as you wish. There were some side missions where you have to go 600m to get to the next part of the mission. To be able to fast travel would make things MUCH easier. But instead you have to travel to the nearest shelter (which may/may not be close by). It's just makes the shelters an unnecessary middle man
-you can ONLY upgrade your equipment at shelters. This is just dumb. Why cant you do it where you want if you have the necessary equipment. In GoW/Ragnarok, i get you have to upgrade at Brok's shop, but in this game, there is no Brok-like character. The main character does it himself. Shelters are usually not close to each other on the map, so it's that much harder to upgrade whenever you want.
-A noticeable amount of frame dropping throughout the game. I played this game in 60fps Performance Mode on PS5
-The camera when in a battle can get wonky
-The enemies give no cues when they are about to attack so its much harder to parry compared to other games with a parry system like GoW and Spider-Man 2. fighting larger enemies, i just dodge roll constantly and try to hit them when they finish their attacks.
-There are multiple rituals you must use in this game. But there are different types of rituals. The game needs to make it clear what rituals need to be done because each ritual uses resources you collect during your travels. If you pick the wrong ritual type, you just lose those resources. It's somewhat of a guessing game. It's also pretty much unnecessary. If a ritual needs to be done, just give us the correct option. Why even make us have to choose and possibly get it wrong?
-This game has a combat feature called "Manifestations". It's pretty much what Runic Attacks are in GoW. They are unlocked as you progress in the story. But you also need these unlocked manifestations to get through obstacles in the game. There is a "warp/leap" manifestation that lets the main character warp from one spot to another. But to get it to activate, you have to be in the exact right angle. The game isn't very lenient on angles for this feature. So basically you will find yourself kinda slightly moving around with the thumbstick to get the correct angle to activate the manifestation. It's a bit frustrating tbh. There is another manifestation puzzle where you have to destory corrupted ivy (plants) that block your path. It's NOT FUN AT ALL, and they do it lot towards the end of the game. It's just unenjoyable and serves zero purpose but to annoy the player
-The main Character Red gets a rifle to use as a gun. I guess it's a musket. It can be a good weapon because of skill point allocation, but you only get one shot with it before it needs to be reloaded, and you cant run and reload. The main character kinda walks while reloading it. Enemies are coming after you while this happens so it kinda messes up the flow of the fight
-Defeating enemies gives such a small amount of EXP that the only real way to level up is by beating main missions and side missions. You get like 1800 EXP points for beating main missions but random encounters give about 60 EXP points and mini bosses give ~300. You will pretty much never level up by beating random encounter enemies. That would be fine if random encounters didn't take a decent amount of time
-The side missions aren't very fun

IDK if i can finish the game, because the story isn't very engaging. Part of me wants to just look up the ending on youtube and see what happens

All in all, i would definitely wait and let thisgo on sale if you are thinking about it. But ofc with all the games coming out this year, you should just save the money for those. Don't even spend the cash. Again it's VERY similar to GoW and Ragnarok, so if you played those, you'll pretty much get a better experience out of that

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. Im gonna delete this off my PS5 storage, and most likely never come back to it. It was fine for one playthrough but there's no reason to come back to it

EDIT: Just finished the story. Everything I said remains true

Last edited:

Flexington

All Star
Daps

-fast travel in this game is a chore. You cant just pick a spot/shelter to travel to. You have to go to a discovered shelter site and THEN use the fast travel feature. The game should have just let u travel from place to place as you wish. There were some side missions where you have to go 600m to get to the next part of the mission. To be able to fast travel would make things MUCH easier. But instead you have to travel to the nearest shelter (which may/may not be close by). It's just makes the shelters an unnecessary middle man
-you can ONLY upgrade your equipment at shelters. This is just dumb. Why cant you do it where you want if you have the necessary equipment. In GoW/Ragnarok, i get you have to upgrade at Brok's shop, but in this game, there is no Brok-like character. The main character does it himself. Shelters are usually not close to each other on the map, so it's that much harder to upgrade whenever you want.
-A noticeable amount of frame dropping throughout the game. I played this game in 60fps Performance Mode on PS5
-The enemies give no cues when they are about to attack so its much harder to parry compared to other games with a parry system like GoW and Spider-Man 2. fighting larger enemies, i just dodge roll constantly and try to hit them when they finish their attacks.
-There are multiple rituals you must use in this game. But there are different types of rituals. The game needs to make it clear what rituals need to be done because each ritual uses resources you collect during your travels. If you pick the wrong ritual type, you just lose those resources. It's somewhat of a guessing game. It's also pretty much unnecessary. If a ritual needs to be done, just give us the correct option. Why even make us have to choose and possibly get it wrong?
-This game has a combat feature called "Manifestations". It's pretty much what Runic Attacks are in GoW. They are unlocked as you progress in the story. But you also need these unlocked manifestations to get through obstacles in the game. There is a "warp/leap" manifestation that lets the main character warp from one spot to another. But to get it to activate, you have to be in the exact right angle. The game isn't very lenient on angles for this feature. So basically you will find yourself kinda slightly moving around with the thumbstick to get the correct angle to activate the manifestation. It's a bit frustrating tbh. There is another manifestation that
-The main Character Red gets a rifle to use as a gun. I guess it's a musket. It can be a good weapon because of skill point allocation, but you only get one shot with it before it needs to be reloaded, and you cant run and reload. The main character kinda walks while reloading it. Enemies are coming after you while this happens so it kinda messes up the flow of the fight
-Defeating enemies gives such a small amount of EXP that the only real way to level up is by beating main missions and side missions. You get like 1800 EXP points for beating main missions but random encounters give about 60 EXP points and mini bosses give ~300. You will pretty much never level up by beating random encounter enemies. That would be fine if random encounters didn't take a decent amount of time

IDK if i can finish the game, because the story isn't very engaging. Part of me wants to just look up the ending on youtube and see what happens

All in all, i would definitely wait and let thisgo on sale if you are thinking about it. But ofc with all the games coming out this year, you should just save the money for those. Don't even spend the cash. Again it's VERY similar to GoW and Ragnarok, so if you played those, you'll pretty much get a better experience out of that

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. Im gonna delete this off my PS5 storage, and most likely never come back to it. It was fine for one playthrough but there's no reason to come back to it

Thank you for your service :salute:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Finished the game. The ending was sweet, if you got the good ending.

Everything I said in the post above remains true.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

-This game has a combat feature called "Manifestations". It's pretty much what Runic Attacks are in GoW. They are unlocked as you progress in the story. But you also need these unlocked manifestations to get through obstacles in the game. There is a "warp/leap" manifestation that lets the main character warp from one spot to another. But to get it to activate, you have to be in the exact right angle. The game isn't very lenient on angles for this feature. So basically you will find yourself kinda slightly moving around with the thumbstick to get the correct angle to activate the manifestation. It's a bit frustrating tbh. There is another manifestation puzzle where you have to destory corrupted ivy (plants) that block your path. It's NOT FUN AT ALL, and they do it lot towards the end of the game. It's just unenjoyable and serves zero purpose but to annoy the player

EDIT: Just finished the story. Everything I said remains true
I was considering buying this game. I came in to see if anybody had played it. Thanks breh.

:salute:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
@Don Homer did that so hopefully we wouldn't have to go through that:salute:
FF7 is out. and ronin is coming later this month, along with Unicorn and Princess Peach Showtime (if u have a switch). This game honestly shouldn't be a priority. I wouldn't even say it's bad, but it's frustrating at times. U can spend ur money in better ways tbh