The Witcher 3 is now the Most Awarded game of all time

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm currently trying to play this again given I hadn't touched it since buying it in September of 2015. I really, really can not wrap my head around the hype of this one, and I absolutely love WRPGs. This has genuinely become one of the most perplexingly overrated phenomenons I've witnessed. The inventory system is an absolute mess. Geralt is obnoxious with his bad ass, Dark Knight, mumbling impression and has a personaility as dry as sheet rock, but it's because of the mutagens so it's cool, I guess.

Or something like that.

The combat system needs a lot of help and while the world has detailed lore, its never feels anywhere near "alive" to me as many claim. The pedestrians seem brain dead. The story is also fairly weak outside of a handful few quests towards the beginning. Hell, the main story is easily overshadowed by the writing in side quests. As a matter of fact, the one thing it has going for it to me is that the side quests are objectively more fleshed out and engaging than 99.99% of current titles with a similar setup. There are a lot of moral delimmas that present the player with choices that makes them axtually think outside the confines of black or white morality, and I commend that. Other than that, I simply don't get it and have long conceded that this series simply isn't for me. To each his/her own but this game is nowhere near my top ten as far as WRPGs go.