MOVIE IS A fukkING CLASSIC BREHS :ohlawd:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I thought this was bumped because of the new TV show based on the movie but I didn't see it mentioned so here you go...

The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu
By Ali Jaafar on Jul 5, 2016 6:30 am

joe-russo-anthony-russo-produced-by.jpg

Jordan Strauss/Invision for Producers Guild of America/AP Images

EXCLUSIVE: Joe and Anthony Russo are taking a breather from the Marvel world to adapt cult-classic film The Warriors as a one-hour drama with Paramount TV and Hulu. The brothers will reimagine Walter Hill’s iconic 1979 film, itself an adaptation of Sol Yurick’s classic novel. Their take will honor the original film while adding its own unique brand of grit, pulp, sex and violence. The Russo brothers will team with writer Frank Baldwin on the series. The Russo brothers will direct the pilot, although no word yet as to any directing commitment beyond that.

The film was set in 1979, at a time when parts of New York still resembled war-torn Mogadishu, torn apart by rivalry between deadly gangs. A charismatic leader summons these street gangs of New York City in a bid to take it over. When he is shot and killed during the rally, one of the gangs, the Warriors, is falsely blamed for his death and its member must fight their way home while every other gang is hunting them down to kill them. Hill’s film remains a classic of its genre. Who, for example, can forget the psychotic character’s Luther call for the Warriors to “Come out to play”? The cast included Michael Beck and James Remar.

The Russos are the cinematic equivalent of King Midas right now, having crushed the past two installments of Captain AmericaThe Winter Soldier and the even more acclaimedCivil War. The duo also are attached to direct Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Parts I andII, and have a number of other high-profile projects in the pipeline as producers includingSpace Runners at Fox 2000, 17 Bridges at STX and a remake of The Thomas Crown Affairat MGM with Michael B. Jordan attached to star.

The Warriors series will be a Paramount Television Production in association with the Russo brothers, Getaway Productions. Joe and Anthony Russo and Mike Larocca serve as producers. Lawrence Gordon (producer of the original film) is an exec producer on the new project. The brothers are repped by WME.

Paramount TV has just wrapped Berlin Station airing on EPIX in the fall and is production on 13 Reasons Why for Netflix with Tom McCarthy directing. School of Rock just wrapped season one for Nickolodeon with a second season ordered as well as of Shooter with Ryan Phillippe premiering on USA this month. Paramount is also prepping The Alienist with Cary Fukunaga directing.

This article was printed from The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought this was bumped because of the new TV show based on the movie but I didn't see it mentioned so here you go...

The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu
By Ali Jaafar on Jul 5, 2016 6:30 am

joe-russo-anthony-russo-produced-by.jpg

Jordan Strauss/Invision for Producers Guild of America/AP Images

EXCLUSIVE: Joe and Anthony Russo are taking a breather from the Marvel world to adapt cult-classic film The Warriors as a one-hour drama with Paramount TV and Hulu. The brothers will reimagine Walter Hill’s iconic 1979 film, itself an adaptation of Sol Yurick’s classic novel. Their take will honor the original film while adding its own unique brand of grit, pulp, sex and violence. The Russo brothers will team with writer Frank Baldwin on the series. The Russo brothers will direct the pilot, although no word yet as to any directing commitment beyond that.

The film was set in 1979, at a time when parts of New York still resembled war-torn Mogadishu, torn apart by rivalry between deadly gangs. A charismatic leader summons these street gangs of New York City in a bid to take it over. When he is shot and killed during the rally, one of the gangs, the Warriors, is falsely blamed for his death and its member must fight their way home while every other gang is hunting them down to kill them. Hill’s film remains a classic of its genre. Who, for example, can forget the psychotic character’s Luther call for the Warriors to “Come out to play”? The cast included Michael Beck and James Remar.

The Russos are the cinematic equivalent of King Midas right now, having crushed the past two installments of Captain AmericaThe Winter Soldier and the even more acclaimedCivil War. The duo also are attached to direct Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Parts I andII, and have a number of other high-profile projects in the pipeline as producers includingSpace Runners at Fox 2000, 17 Bridges at STX and a remake of The Thomas Crown Affairat MGM with Michael B. Jordan attached to star.

The Warriors series will be a Paramount Television Production in association with the Russo brothers, Getaway Productions. Joe and Anthony Russo and Mike Larocca serve as producers. Lawrence Gordon (producer of the original film) is an exec producer on the new project. The brothers are repped by WME.

Paramount TV has just wrapped Berlin Station airing on EPIX in the fall and is production on 13 Reasons Why for Netflix with Tom McCarthy directing. School of Rock just wrapped season one for Nickolodeon with a second season ordered as well as of Shooter with Ryan Phillippe premiering on USA this month. Paramount is also prepping The Alienist with Cary Fukunaga directing.

This article was printed from The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu

Already a thread about it homie

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/warr...-brothers-bringing-the-warriors-to-tv.442902/

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
@lamont614 I will add this breh: The version on netflix is the theatrical cut but its not available on dvd or blu, just the directors cut. Some fans like the theatrical cut better so if you cop it, definitely watch the netflix version first

i watched it breh it was meh
i do want to play the game tho i heard the game has a lot of meat on it from the book i never played it on ps2 which is a shame
i always read the wiki after a watch a movie for insight heard all the main characters from the book was black and paramount didnt make everyone black for "financial" issues lol

the bad guy reminded me of sean penn he did a good job because i wanted to beat his ass