Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Tonight it’s going down brehs... who all has tickets? :ohlawd:
Just got back from seeing this with my son like 45mins ago. Seeing this in the theater for the 1st time since I was a toddler was amazing :mjcry: I’ve watched thousands of times already but seeing Megatron turn to Galvatron :banderas: Unicron transform :lawd: Orsen Wells voicing Unicron in movie theater quality sound :ohlawd: Hot Rod opening the Matrix :damn: It was an experience even knowing the whole movie line by line by heart.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I just came back from seeing it again and I have LOTS of thoughts (this is what happens when you analyze an 80s movie as an adult):

- Even though I've pretty much memorized this movie front to back, seeing it in the theater brought me back to being a five year old - my eyes definitely misted up when Optimus ran through the Decepticons and when he passed :mjcry:
- The Autobots were waaaaaaaaaaay too willing to just enlist humans in their war. Spike just said "fukk working on an oil rig, let me just fight alien robots for the rest of my life" :mjgrin:
- Megatron dissing Starscream to his face still brought a smile to my face :mjlol:
- Arcee was worried about Kup and Hot Rod being stuck outside the city like fukk those other Autobots out there, right :mjgrin:
- Hot Rod got a lot of undeserved blame for Optimus' death, but if he'd just shot Megatron instead of trash talking him, this conversation would be different
- Galvatron murking Starscream is still - STILL - one of the coldest deaths in cinema ever. "Here's a hint!" :bustback: "Will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?" :birdman: ":unsure: Uh, what did he say his name was?"
- It's hard to overstate just how gruesome some of the deaths were ... the main ones I'm thinking about are Prowl BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT and the robots melting to death inside Unicron :lupe:
- :mjlol: at Weird Al Yankovic still being relevant after all these years
- Really shytty of Arcee and Blurr to leave Daniel to figure out his exosuit alone while being shot at by Decepticons
- *watching Unicron destroy Cybertron* "Doesn't this remind you of anything, Kup? :troll:" In retrospect, what a dikkhead line that was :dead:

The theater I went to was pretty sparse, but some of the adults brought their kids to see it and essentially pass down their fandom ... so pure :mjcry:

Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
just came backI from seeing it again and I have LOTS of thoughts (this is what happens when you analyze an 80s movie as an adult):

- Even though I've pretty much memorized this movie front to back, seeing it in the theater brought me back to being a five year old - my eyes definitely misted up when Optimus ran through the Decepticons and when he passed :mjcry:
- The Autobots were waaaaaaaaaaay too willing to just enlist humans in their war. Spike ju an oil rig, let me just fight st said "fukk working onalien robots for the rest of my life" :mjgrin:
- Megatron dissing Starscream to his face still brought a smile to my face :mjlol:
- Arcee was worried about Kup and Hot Rod being stuck outside the city like fukk those other Autobots out there, right :mjgrin:
- Hot Rod got a lot of undeserved blame for Optimus' death, but if he'd just shot Megatron instead of trash talking him, this conversation would be different
- Galvatron murking Starscream is still - STILL - one of the coldest deaths in cinema ever. "Here's a hint!" :bustback: "Will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?" :birdman: ":unsure: Uh, what did he say his name was?"
- It's hard to overstate just how gruesome some of the deaths were ... the main ones I'm thinking about are Prowl BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT and the robots melting to death inside Unicron :lupe:
- :mjlol: at Weird Al Yankovic still being relevant after all these years
- Really shytty of Arcee and Blurr to leave Daniel to figure out his exosuit alone while being shot at by Decepticons
- *watching Unicron destroy Cybertron* "Doesn't this remind you of anything, Kup? :troll:" In retrospect, what a dikkhead line that was :dead:

The theater I went to was pretty sparse, but some of the adults brought their kids to see it and essentially pass down their fandom ... so pure :mjcry:
:mjlol: I noticed all of these things for the 1st myself. I've literally memorized this movie but the way they just allowed humans to put their life on the line against 25 ft sociopath robots never crossed my mind before :mjgrin:

Blurr was like :yeshrug: to Daniel "transform, transform you can do" without even bothering to show him how and leaving him to fight Hook and Bombshell by himself was messed up :mjlol:

Kup saying "that's not the death I'd hope for lad" while Hotrod was noticeably distraught watching Kranix get eaten alive by the Sharkticons was messed up and hilarious for the 1st time :pachaha:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They still kept the curse words for the rerelease last night.... so bizarre how “oh shyt!” made it past editing in a supposed kids movie. :mjlol:
There were a lot of families with little kids at the theater I went my son is 6 but he’s seen it so many times it doesn’t phase him there were actually people that were shocked :pachaha: I heard a couple gasps :mjgrin: :mjlol: there was a lot of :mjpls: in my theater to like white dude that was seated next to me had the :picard::hhh:vibes, I could count how many other nikkas was in there on both hands and it was almost packed

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
They still kept the curse words for the rerelease last night.... so bizarre how “oh shyt!” made it past editing in a supposed kids movie. :mjlol:
Everyone always makes a big deal out of that one, yet everyone forgets that there was curse words in The Secret of Nimh as well. Although "shyt" is worse than "damn" and "hell" I guess.