The trailer for Beverly Hills Cop 4 dropped today

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
"Maybe, I stayed away too long" That MJ line applies here.

Glad that Eddie is back doing films, but his last sequel (C2A) was shytty, and this one looks bad too.

*who edited the trailer? Looks like generic action film and how do you sample BIG twice, and not use the obvious line? "gators, my Detroit players"

Funny part is some of his *original stuff like 'Dolemite Is My Name' & 'Candy Cane Lane' (can't speak directly to it but the fam really enjoyed it) is actually hittin'. It's the b*stardization of his classics like Coming To America (and now probably this too) that's been :trash: . Just waiting on Life II where niccas had a secret son or sum shyt or come back in another timeline/dimension or Showtime 2 wit old ass Deniro.

*Won't speak of You People 👀

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Will watch first day

Also these sequels don’t tarnish the originals. No matter how much you fakkits cry, they’re STILL classics. :umad:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dahell:

It's looks bad, but this doesn't look low budget at all.
I was expecting a modern day beverly hills cop movie to look like modern gun flicks. John wick, Equalizer, Mission impossible.

it looks like a tv show in comparison to those. I saw one explosion, that was it, No nice setting shots, locations, stunts, nothing. All of this trailer could've been filmed inside a studio on a single set. like the equalizer tv series with queen Latifa.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I dont give a damn if its terrible. Im watching it first day out.

Everybody hates BHC 3 but I enjoyed it. I watch that shyt everytime its on. Keep it going for Ellis DeWald! ELLIS DeWALD!
A private security firm printing counterfeit cash using an amusing park (which is really a technology company) as their front. Shyt was good to me.

And Rosewood gon ride with Axel til the end.
I like BHC 3 as well

Might be showing my age, Beverly hills cop series is top 3 or top 5 series for me off top of my head :blessed:

Rosewood gone pop the trunk everytime :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I was expecting a modern day beverly hills cop movie to look like modern gun flicks. John wick, Equalizer, Mission impossible.
:dahell: theirs nothing in the past Beverly Hills Cop that would imply that this would be anything like John Wick or Equalizer or Mission Impossible :dahell:

The closest thing to Beverly Hills Cop would be like a Lethal Weapon series :dahell:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dahell: theirs nothing in the past Beverly Hills Cop that would imply that this would be anything like John Wick or Equalizer or Mission Impossible :dahell:

The closest thing to Beverly Hills Cop would be like a Lethal Weapon series :dahell:
A modern lethal weapon, would be doing the same things those action movies i listed do.
They would film a scene or two in some exoctic visually stimulating location
They have a final act set piece the market the film around. Ie hero hanging of a jet, or a train, or some epic car chase, or something
They include something to show the stake are higher this time. like a more dangerous antagonist than ever before.
This trailer showed off none of those things.

Edit: i think you are getting caught on tone instead of Genre, Yes lethal is more similar in terms of humor. but it was a still a big budget action film