The time that my friend and I went to a Hollywood Narcotics Anonymous meeting ... a note on how easy an actor can manipulate a group

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Once upon a time I had a rather prolific friend - from time to time stories of our escapes together come up in my mind and bring about a good chuckle. Today I share one of those with you

During a summer of Hollywood afterhour events that entirely changed my sleep schedule and resulting biorhythms I had made the decision to drop into a Hollywood Narcotics Anonymous meeting, for the experience

As a room of about 35 to 50 people shared their stories, each of them was centered around meth. There were a lot of women in this group as well. After the meetings a group of people would head out for a group dinner. My friend being the absolute sociopath that he is saw this as a time to get into character and bust out his acting chops. My friend was one of those Hollywood children that was raised to be in acting. Had a childhood gig as an actor in a Got Milk commercial, but not many roles beyond that - so all of this training had to find an outlet. This would occasionally mean creating a character for a temporary role within a social setting. He glanced at me across the room like "watch this"

His turn to share his experience came up. He mentioned that he was a New York City stock broker and he ...had a hankering for cocaine. There was an audible gasp in the room and a notable reaction from the women of the room. Have you ever seen a comment section about how giggly people get about the idea of cocaine? Mostly people who have never done it but associate it with the well-to-do. If you haven't, ask and I will link you to an example. In one foul swoop he had uplifted his social status beyond everyone else in the room and this carried over to the post meeting dinner that was at the Cafe on Franklin next to the 101. I'm not an actor, and I am a terrible liar - so I actually sat away from him and just observed him in the role. If I had been too close I would've likely made it obvious. He actually ended up with dates from this

And herein lies a story of how easily someone with acting skills can manipulate a group of people. It was rather fascinating. It's been 7 years since this time and it is one of the many stories that come up in mind from time to time. Hope you enjoyed

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
So this thread is it bragging about your friend taking advantage of vulnerable women by acting like an addict
I'd imagine that if the same story happened at a Nebraska Narcotics Anonymous meeting you wouldn't perceive it as bragging

I'm sharing an interesting story from my past. You're free to share that you perceive it as "bragging"

It takes a unique person to pull off this kind of character. In the room nobody was the wiser and I had the unique experience of being the only person who knew the truth. I also find it rather remarkable as it's not something I would've been able to pull off and I'd imagine most are too self-conscious to even able to attempt to step into a role so far outside of themselves

I tend to pity those that would see women as so feeble that even a playing out a creative storyline is somehow "taking advantage of" them

The glaring truth within this is how easy it is to manipulate the way a room full of people can view someone

In a room full of recovering meth heads the words "stock broker" and "cocaine" had a strong effect that essentially uplifted his value to th whole room. That says a lot about people, and a little bit about my friend's talent (which I have noted to hail from sociopathic tendencies) - does this have anything to do with me? Beyond my role as a bystander, no. So to say that I am bragging is shortsighted. It does highlight an element of classism that exists within drugs that can be classified within the same segment (stimulants) - the thought of cocaine elicits positive connotations that essentially had these people salivating at the lips

Basically I'm sharing a story that is humorous and meaningful and you choose to throw a negative lens onto it for your own reasons/insecurities

I'm not the star of this story and it my friend had a biopic this story wouldn't even be considered for a scene

It's just remarkable to think about

But yes, we did infiltrate this group of people for nothing more than to collect the experience, I was just observing and my friend took it up a notch. If you see me relaying this story 7 years later as "bragging" this likely points to a need for you to go have some experiences of your own :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We've been on the same forum for over ten years together, and another forum together before that

That's a lot for you to say to me and ultimately reflects on you

You must not value your time here
Your story says that clearly breh..and it's not the drug use. That's whatever to me. It's manipulating a room of addicts for clout...that's some terrible shyt fr.

Do you have another username I don't recognize or something breh? Because I'm just going by this thread and maybe the "I sell drugs" video

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Once upon a time I had a rather prolific friend - from time to time stories of our escapes together come up in my mind and bring about a good chuckle. Today I share one of those with you

During a summer of Hollywood afterhour events that entirely changed my sleep schedule and resulting biorhythms I had made the decision to drop into a Hollywood Narcotics Anonymous meeting, for the experience

As a room of about 35 to 50 people shared their stories, each of them was centered around meth. There were a lot of women in this group as well. After the meetings a group of people would head out for a group dinner. My friend being the absolute sociopath that he is saw this as a time to get into character and bust out his acting chops. My friend was one of those Hollywood children that was raised to be in acting. Had a childhood gig as an actor in a Got Milk commercial, but not many roles beyond that - so all of this training had to find an outlet. This would occasionally mean creating a character for a temporary role within a social setting. He glanced at me across the room like "watch this"

His turn to share his experience came up. He mentioned that he was a New York City stock broker and he ...had a hankering for cocaine. There was an audible gasp in the room and a notable reaction from the women of the room. Have you ever seen a comment section about how giggly people get about the idea of cocaine? Mostly people who have never done it but associate it with the well-to-do. If you haven't, ask and I will link you to an example. In one foul swoop he had uplifted his social status beyond everyone else in the room and this carried over to the post meeting dinner that was at the Cafe on Franklin next to the 101. I'm not an actor, and I am a terrible liar - so I actually sat away from him and just observed him in the role. If I had been too close I would've likely made it obvious. He actually ended up with dates from this

And herein lies a story of how easily someone with acting skills can manipulate a group of people. It was rather fascinating. It's been 7 years since this time and it is one of the many stories that come up in mind from time to time. Hope you enjoyed
"My friend lied and pulled women at an NA meeting in Hollywood by saying he's a stock broker coke addict"

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I'd imagine that if the same story happened at a Nebraska Narcotics Anonymous meeting you wouldn't perceive it as bragging

I'm sharing an interesting story from my past. You're free to share that you perceive it as "bragging"

It takes a unique person to pull off this kind of character. In the room nobody was the wiser and I had the unique experience of being the only person who knew the truth. I also find it rather remarkable as it's not something I would've been able to pull off and I'd imagine most are too self-conscious to even able to attempt to step into a role so far outside of themselves

I tend to pity those that would see women as so feeble that even a playing out a creative storyline is somehow "taking advantage of" them

The glaring truth within this is how easy it is to manipulate the way a room full of people can view someone

In a room full of recovering meth heads the words "stock broker" and "cocaine" had a strong effect that essentially uplifted his value to th whole room. That says a lot about people, and a little bit about my friend's talent (which I have noted to hail from sociopathic tendencies) - does this have anything to do with me? Beyond my role as a bystander, no. So to say that I am bragging is shortsighted. It does highlight an element of classism that exists within drugs that can be classified within the same segment (stimulants) - the thought of cocaine elicits positive connotations that essentially had these people salivating at the lips

Basically I'm sharing a story that is humorous and meaningful and you choose to throw a negative lens onto it for your own reasons/insecurities

I'm not the star of this story and it my friend had a biopic this story wouldn't even be considered for a scene

But yes, we did infiltrate this group of people for nothing more than to collect the experience, I was just observing and my friend took it up a notch. If you see me relaying this story 7 years later as "bragging" this likely points to a need for you to go have some experiences of your own :ufdup:
I mean, if he said he was an Ivy League graduate, a dentist, ceo of a tech startup, Olympic medalist, etc who was a cocaine user he would’ve gotten love as well 🤷🏾‍♀️

People are impressed by titles, careers that are hard to attain, etc.

Your friend is a good liar. Full stop.
If you have no conscience, a good personality and a great memory you can damn near lie your way into a completely new/better life. Smart ppl get away with it everyday.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps

"Crazy how drugs are associated with certain socioeconomic classes :leon: "

TL15

Veteran
Daps
You said a whole lot of words but the crux of the story is:

You and your friend sat around a bunch of junkies so he could fyck a few of them by lying about who he was.

Romanticizing his “acting chops” around a bunch of vulnerable people :mjlol:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps

It’s not that hard what your friend did. I’ve done it before in HS I had everyone believing I was on drugs for a band performance I was in even the teacher I was just acting crazy tho people are gullible again I’ve had similar situations and I’ve DONE it not relaying a story it’s nothing to brag about or even mention to me. Even to this day I have so much lore about me. People think I’m gay and a fukking warlock but I’m just a hood nikka that dresses in avant- garde 95% of the time

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Your story says that clearly breh..and it's not the drug use. That's whatever to me. It's manipulating a room of addicts for clout...that's some terrible shyt fr.

Do you have another username I don't recognize or something breh? Because I'm just going by this thread and maybe the "I sell drugs" video
The friend mentioned is the one who shot that video. Became my first friend in Los Angeles.

In light of this you can say that such a foray into the Hollywood underbelly of Narcotics Anonymous is market research

But it's not like we were there to sell drugs

Nor are these feeble minded people. These people were mostly from good socioeconomic background, chose to do the most mentally destructive drug possible and are still functional humans in society that are not pushing a shopping cart

It's not like we were there to sell drugs like Jesse did in Breaking Bad...

But within this scene you can see a semblance of the entertainment value that was garnered within seeking out this experience that has become a worthwhile memory. One that I share with you here today. It's not like this is a piece of my political platform :skip:

It can be noted that Narcotics Anonymous offers free coffee and donuts ... Coffee = caffeine, society's most socially acceptable stimulant