The thing that perplexed me about Bad Boys II

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How the fukk Marcus (Martin’s character in case some of y’all don’t remember :mjpls:) get that house? That shyt was nice, backyard with a dock straight into biscayne bay, those are multi million dollar homes. Breh was living regular as fukk in the first one, ain’t no detective pay getting you waterfront property like that. The house sold for $28M in real life just last year

Screen_Shot_2017_07_31_at_1.36.42_PM.0.0.png

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
He was corrupt.
I just got more info on his corruption. After Marcus couldn't get no quality time at home he snapped and started taking dope dealers money so he could fukk some of these bad Miami bytches on the side.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Marcus was a lowkey kingpin. If you paid attention they told you from the start.
In Bad Boys he was handcuffed to that white girl who was friends with that brown girl. The french drug dealer dealt heroine. Max was heroine that was messing with Frenchy, and Julie was cocaine who Marcus couldn't break free from. He couldn't break out the game if he wanted to, his deep bond with Mike is the only thing that keeps him straight, he has the key to getting him out the game. So when Mike uncuffs him from the white girl he is now free and back onto the side of justice....or so we thought.
Marcus saw that coke sales were down since the mid 90s but manufactured party drugs were the new thing in the 2000s. He switched his hustle up cause he can't stay away from the flashy life cause tho they have a tight bond Marcus wants to be like Mike. (He even referenced his admiration for his partner in the 1st one when they get in an argument.) So he hops in the X game and is doing real well until Johnny Tapia partners with the klan to help him distribute. Thats a distributor Marcus could never make so he starts losing his ground in the X market and became 2nd place. That's when he decided to take down Tapia. Marcus gets a 2 for 1 by taking out Tapia but also taking out the klan by killing and locking them up so a connect he wouldn't ever be able to connect with is out the picture. Then he had to focus on Tapia. Ut he couldn't just hit him in Miami cause too many folks know the Tapia X recipe and another Cuban can step in his place. Thats why he had to go down and gun up Tapia's Cuba crib wipe the organization out at the root. No capos, no concigelres none of that. No one left to import Cuban X into Miami and Marcus is back on top of the market.
At this moment you're probably saying to yourself "negro you must be high out your mind why would a drug kingpin go undercover as a cop isn't that too risky?" And to that I say why yes I am and no not at all when you're on the local level and your baby sister is on the federal level. You know what the locals know when they 1st hear it and you know what the feds know. You can avoid 100% of the traps you set yourself. You can stay off the radar completely moving drugs in and around the country.
Genius :wow:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Like many NYC shows, the apartments always are more expensive than what the character can likely afford, but filming a romantic comedy, for example, in an actual small one bedroom in LES, wouldn't make for a splashy, glamorous movie, too close to the real lives of audiences, when what most entertainment sells is a form of escapism into a different life.

For Bad Boys II, kinda followed the theme of the first one, which was loosely based on Miami Vice, where even though minor explanations were involved, the characters lived a life for outside of a cops normal one, the Ferrari's, penthouses, the world Bay creates isn't really one where a cop would live in a modest planned development far outside the city, where most cops actually live. Wouldn't make for great entertainment, or at least the kind Bay produces, he needs an audience to make back that budget.

Bad Boys II, because of the budget, went way more over the top than the first one, kind of sacrificing a shred of realism for big budget action. I think the 90's were probably a little more down to earth, than the 2000's, as far as action movies.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Well it was a 8 year gap in between the movies. Not hard to fathom Marcus getting his bread and career up
he was still a detective :comeon:

so he went from $60k/yr to $600k? that still aint enough for what was then at least a $5M home...it's a movie so i'm not being too serious with this thread and it made for an iconic scene with reggie, but they went waaaaaay overboard.

Last edited: