The Temptations(movie) Appreciation......

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Leon plays old school roles well.. Plus he can really sing so that's prolly why they pick him..honestly that's another reason I like the Temptations movie so much..it was more authentic cause all of them had singing history..except the character who played Otis..I think he was the only one who didn't sing his parts..

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
It was a more well made movie..also..I noticed that the VHS and TV versions of the Temptations was missing scenes..the DVD is the best version of the movie..and yes..Otis was a hater..most def.. Dude didn't stand out in his own group..no one gave a fukk about him as a member..they all had key roles in the group and it wouldn't have made a difference if he was just the manager..he added nothing vocally..
Didnt see the DVD yet didn't think there would be extra scene's:beli:

Co-sign to the fullest about Otis

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Otis Williams may not have been the best singer in the crew, but he was the most level-headed and he was already a veteran in the music industry by the time the Temptations formed. It may seem that he was jealous and that may have been true to some extent but no other group in history rock or otherwise has managed to maintain a very high level of success, I mean for a group to be relevant to this day is no small achievement but I understand the love for David Ruffin, dude was an other-worldly talent who wasn't able to escape his demons.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is one of my favorite movies, purchased it twice on dvd and watched numerous times. funny that Otis didnt license it to be made til all the original members were dead and couldnt really tell their sides of the story. as soon as Melvin died, they started on the damn movie. how Otis still alive and EVERYBODY else dead damn near. Ray Davis and Ali-Ollie even??? Otis killin them nikkas off. Its been about 20 members of the group and over half of them are dead.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
this is one of my favorite movies, purchased it twice on dvd and watched numerous times. funny that Otis didnt license it to be made til all the original members were dead and couldnt really tell their sides of the story. as soon as Melvin died, they started on the damn movie. how Otis still alive and EVERYBODY else dead damn near. Ray Davis and Ali-Ollie even??? Otis killin them nikkas off. Its been about 20 members of the group and over half of them are dead.
Co-sign 100%

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
I guess Otis wanted to make sure that everyone was so that everyone was coming to see him and hear him, because according to David Ruffin, wasn't nobody coming to see Otis

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Apparently the family of the members didn't like the way they were portrayed. But it's called Poetic License