The Talos Principle 2 (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (November 2, 2023)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just made it past East 3 (3rd area), and into the megastructure. looks like around 25% through the game

each new area introduces a new mechanic. so far each area has 8 main puzzles, two extra 'triangle' puzzles, and two star puzzles. I've been doing everything before moving on. in-between there's dialogue with your group of 'droids as you all explore and try to figure out what all this shyt is about (you solve all the puzzles, the rest just wander around). the areas are big, but luckily your android can sprint fast all day

puzzles haven't been too bad so far, but there's definitely been a few that took me a minute. been able to 'cheat' on a couple by using the connectors intended for the star puzzles :lolbron:. both times I went back and figured out the proper solution. you can collect "sparks" to skip puzzles, but fukk all that :stopitslime:

this is an amazing game for $30

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
beat the game tonight. not as difficult as the first game and DLC, but the puzzles towards the end were definitely challenging

pretty cool how much they fleshed the game out with an actual story. it kept me interested, despite being overly philosophical (like the first game)

the level design was really cool. each area has these huge brutalist structures containing puzzles, but each area has a different style of structure. it definitely makes each location feel unique

great game. one of my favorites this year. I gotta check out Coc00n, since it's also supposed to be a good puzzle game

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I seem to be in the minority, but I preferred the first game to this. The story in the first one just hit different. :wow:

This is still good though and worth checking out.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I seem to be in the minority, but I preferred the first game to this. The story in the first one just hit different. :wow:

This is still good though and worth checking out.
the story in the first game was more something you had to piece together yourself. it's definitely more heavy handed and linear in the sequel. I prefer their approach in the first game too, but I guess they went this route for more mass appeal. same with the puzzles being easier in the sequel