The SUV-ification of Police Fleets

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They still whip Obama era Chargers in my home town :flabbynsick:

I actually prefer the Explorers because I can usually tell if it’s a cop or not by the headlights. In NYC they still drive the Fusion marked cars and sometimes the newer Taurus. At night I can’t tell if it’s a cop behind me just judging by the lights so good riddance

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I challenge you to count the SUVs in a store parking lot.

Just glance over.

I bet you might count 1 regular sedan for every 3 or 4 trucks/SUVs

This is out of control. Not just cop cars. All vehicles are seemingly SUVs and trucks now.
When shortgang try & compensate they overdo it

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If you drive a white Explorer with a roof rack....

:pacspit:
Or back in the day, dudes use to get the old big body crown vic / caprice that were obviously cop cars before hand with the extra mirror on the side.

Use to hate seeing them shyts and thinking they were cops.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yet another reason I drive a M3. 12 ain't catching me in a fukking Explorer...:mjlol:
Couldn't afford the 6 Series
full
. Your broke ass ain't even worth the cops effort

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
What’s the issue? Police departments see them are more practical than sedans… The suvs can carry more equipment and it’s a lot more space inside for bigger/fatter officers lmaoo

Ford makes the explorer fleet for police departments with hybrid technology.. most of those police suvs sit idle so with the hybrid tech 80% of the time the engine is not on.. when the battery gets to a certain % then the engine kicks on to charge up the battery and it turn off again.. That saves departments thousands off in gas

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What’s the issue? Police departments see them are more practical than sedans… The suvs can carry more equipment and it’s a lot more space inside for bigger/fatter officers lmaoo

Ford makes the explorer fleet for police departments with hybrid technology.. most of those police suvs sit idle so with the hybrid tech 80% of the time the engine is not on.. when the battery gets to a certain % then the engine kicks on to charge up the battery and it turn off again.. That saves departments thousands off in gas
fukk 12 is the issue :mjlol: