"The Spook Who Sat By The Door" @FX produced by Lee Daniels

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If it's on FX and Lee Daniels is producing it that means some dude is going to get raped at some point in the series.
You know it......:francis:

Great movie but I don’t know how they do this when a lot of the original was based on affirmative action going on.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I know nothing about this story, but the title sounds wild racist, and then I see the brotha's portfolio pic :russ:
If you peeped my post you realise why you don't know about the story.

The title is purposely racist and has a double meaning. A spook is also a name for a CIA agent.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There's not Affirmative Action anymore? A 'diversity initiative' in the CIA then to modernize it. lol
Doesn’t have the same bite.

in the original homey is talking to the white CIA director who mentions how they basically didn’t give him any work to do and told him to sit in the corner because he is black. Their total disregard of him though it’s mentioned that he is basically a genius sets the tone. Flipside he spends that time not working, but learning all their tricks. As racist as shyt is now, it’s hard to Imagine that level of disregard from the CIA

Keep in mind they could give the MC a ton of motives and whatnot as a origin. It’s just that AA was a major part of the story. The whole movie doesn’t exist without it and the white backlash to it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Should've gotten Judas & The Black Messiah's Shaka King to be at the helm for this. He would've been perfect. Its a damn shame Lee Daniels is in charge of this and the Lawrence Graham's "Our Kind Of People" series:snoop:

@Get These Nets

Daniels benefits from the success he had with Empire and the timing of LBGTQ community being the current wave in entertainment. Lena Waithe, too.

I don't think either of them are particularly talented, but they are going to continue to get shots in Hollywood. Bankable and Alphabet Soup set.

Daniels is lucky another way also. The film version came out so long ago, that the modern audience is generally unaware of it, or the book. They won't have anything to compare this wack series to.

I'm personally not fukking with this remake/reboot.

spotoast.gif