The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is the reason why I don't want him traded for only a 2nd rounder. If Pau re-uped for 2/10-12 that would be a great value. Sure I get pissed watching him play, because he's getting paid 20 mil.

Kobe's contract gots us hampered, like it or not Pau on the cheap is our best bet. Now if he wants 10+ mil :camby:

I gotta agree actually, as long as Gasol was no longer expected to be a big money 2nd option type player you can't teach size even if he acts soft with it at times. If we don't get a 1st then I could care less about trading him cuz we can let him walk anyway.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
#Lakers heading for Dallas, and yes, Pau Gasol is on the plane.
Looks like Pau isn't getting traded, anyways we shouldn't trade our tank commander for nothing now. :mjpls:
@paugasol was nominated for Western Conference Player of the Week after averaging 24.3 pts/11.0 reb/4.7ast/3.3blk in 3 games last week

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
All this shyt continuously being out in the open, going back to the past couple years, actually has me feeling bad for Gasol. :snoop:

Dr. Buss gotta be :why::dahell::snoop: looking down at what his son has done

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
"Right now CLE offer is Andrew Bynum and C.J. Miles or Alonzo Gee and go enjoy your $23 million in salary cap." - @ramonashelburne (on @ESPNLA710) on CLE-Pau talks
Pau has been declining, but right now he would still probably be the 2nd best player after Kyrie on the Cav's and the best offer is Miles/Gee??? I would want the Lakers to have the cap space, but if that's the best offer the Lakers have, than just wait for the trade deadline, and if there still isn't any good deal, than just let him expire. :yeshrug:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They’re holding firm with their position. They’re not going to simply trade him for just the salary cap relief, they think he has value. There’s a long time before the trade deadline. Cleveland is determined to “win” this trade and get him for nothing.

[The Lakers] are still waiting on the Cavs to make a move. At this point you’re kind of wondering if they’re going to run out of time because this absolutely has to happen by 2:00 PM [PST Tuesday] and even then it’s a little bit weird now because you’re in a position where I don’t know how these players are going to pass physicals in time. The teams could theoretically waive the physicals and go all the way up until tomorrow but it looks like Cleveland’s not going to do it or they’ve got something else going [on].

There’s three or four things that gets this deal done and Cleveland knows all of them. If they give [the Lakers] Dion Waiters, if they give them a first-round draft pick, if they give them Anderson Varejao, I think they like [Tyler] Zeller as well – there’s a couple of other guys on that team that probably get this deal done, but right now Cleveland’s offer is essentially Andrew Bynum and C.J. Miles or Alonzo Gee and “go enjoy your [financial savings].

”The [Cavaliers] won’t budge because they can’t believe the Lakers won’t do this trade for the salary cap savings and to get under the luxury tax. There are plenty of other ways for [the Lakers] to get under the luxury tax. They have several guys on their team that have value: Jordan Hill, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Chris Kaman – any combination of those four guys, take two of those you get right under the luxury tax.

The Lakers are in a position now where they’re a little bit frustrated with this because their guy’s been dangling out there for a week and they weren’t necessarily looking for this deal. It was presented to them.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so the cavs were willing to give up a 1st and 2 2nd round picks for Luol Deng but they wouldn't give that up for pau?:wtf:

I think a first should of been enough to trade pau, or are these picks not in this years draft?

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Wait so the cavs were willing to give up a 1st and 2 2nd round picks for Luol Deng but they wouldn't give that up for pau?:wtf:

I think a first should of been enough to trade pau, or are these picks not in this years draft?

The first is next year and from what I've seen that Sac pick has a lot of protections and provisions, it might just go away all together. Not a great deal really