The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lakers need to tank. Kobe needs to retire and they need to let D12 walk
Move into the future in the draft. The days of Kobe winning a title is over and I'm
a Kobe stan

Simply like Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

It'll be sad but it must be done. I'm in Dallas and of course Cowboys fan and the reason
we haven't came back to greatness is cause Jerry has never let us hit rock bottom.
8-8 and 9-7 seasons keep fans around but we don't win sh!t and won't.
Look at the Skins, Seahawks, and 9ers tho. Look at the Warriors and Clippers.
Gotta fall to get up

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Move into the future in the draft. The days of Kobe winning a title is over and I'm
a Kobe stan

Simply like Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

It'll be sad but it must be done. I'm in Dallas and of course Cowboys fan and the reason
we haven't came back to greatness is cause Jerry has never let us hit rock bottom.
Gotta fall to get up

:jadadoe:

comparing the nfl to the nba :dead:

the draft is everything in the nfl

warriors and clips were ass for many years

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
Dwight falling in love with GS and them only being to sign and trade for him is EXACTLY what the Lakers were looking for!!!

Mitch better rape these nikkas :doeboy:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukking :dead: at the "Kobe Bryant Nightmare" of 2004:
Kobe making unusual demands of Clips, report says Free agent asks L.A.'s 'other' team to move some games nearer to his home Free-agent superstar Kobe Bryant is being sought by several teams, but the Lakers can offer him the best deal.

Free-agent superstar Kobe Bryant is still considering crossing town from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Clippers, and he has gone so far as to ask the Clippers to consider playing 10-12 "home" games at Arrowhead Pond because it is closer to his new home, the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday. Bryant has narrowed his choices to the Lakers or Clippers, although other teams still believe they're in the mix, according to several reports.Bryant has met with the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets and Knicks. The free-agency signing period begins Wednesday at 12:01 a.m. ET. The Clippers are considering Bryant's unusual request to move some home games to Arrowhead, the L.A. Times reported, citing unnamed sources. Knicks team executives, including general manager Isiah Thomas, met with the superstar guard at his Newport Beach, Calif., home Wednesday night, according to the New York Daily News. The Knicks' visit with Bryant came a day after Thomas said the team's chances of acquiring Bryant were "less than zero percent," the Daily News reported. But the Knicks apparently weren't willing to give up without at least talking in person with Bryant as Thomas and Madison Square Garden bosses James Dolan and Steve Mills flew across the country on a moment's notice, the Daily News reported . Unlike the other teams, the cash-strapped Knicks are over the league's salary cap. They can't offer Bryant the maximum-level contract the Los Angeles Lakers can afford. And Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has all but ruled out a sign and trade deal, the Daily News reported. The Knicks can only use their $5 million salary exception in an attempt to lure Bryant. However, the fact that Bryant's representatives contacted the Knicks about a meeting is an encouraging sign, the Daily News reported. Also, Bryant's endorsement deal with Nike could play a huge role in bringing Bryant to New York. Nike reportedly might be willing to increase its deal if Bryant landed in the Big Apple.However, the largest deal New York reportedly can offer Kobe is six years for about $38 million. The Lakers reportedly are offering a seven-year deal worth $130 million. Bryant's meeting with Kupchak on Wednesday reportedly went well.The Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Nuggets can offer Bryant six-year contracts worth about $100 million.

:laff: at the Clippers saying they would let Kobe if he came to the Clippers to play near Arrowhead Pond and :russ: at Kobe acting liking he wanted to play for the Knicks when the Knicks were way over the cap.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't matter if he retire. Wish he does in LA but if not move him.
Lakers aren't winning another title with him. Kobe isn't sniffing a title again unless he
goes to SA, OKC, Ind, Mia, or Chi or Mem. Doesn't matter how good Kobe still is.
Cause LA will never have the talent to compete for a title in the next 5/6 years.

I'd amnesty Kobe, let D12 walk, and start completely over

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Doubt the Lakers can afford him

I guess Pringles told him he can shoot the 3 10x a game

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dwight falling in love with GS and them only being to sign and trade for him is EXACTLY what the Lakers were looking for!!!

Mitch better rape these nikkas :doeboy:

If they can't grab Steph, it's for nothing :deadhorse:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
a Kobe stan

Gotta fall to get up

I almost negged you but that's not really my style. You gotta chill though.

In one year they'll have $55 million in cap space if Dwight isn't there, without Kobe having to retire.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
a Kobe stan

8-8 and 9-7 seasons keep fans around but we don't win sh!t and won't
Gotta fall to get up
This is off-topic but:

:patrice:

In 2000, yall finished tied for the 6th worst record in the NFL at 5-11

In 2001, yall finished tied for the 4th worst record in the NFL at 5-11

In 2002, yall finished tied for the 5th worst record in the NFL at 5-11

That aint rock bottom to you? To have 25 teams, at least, finish with better records than you from 2000-2002?:scusthov:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Wall ain't staying with that :trash: franchise unless they get another star player and some role players. :dead:

:russ: GTFOH. He's on record as saying he wants to stay in DC and he even has hinted at taking less than Max money to help the franchise.

Young, black, got some dough, and living in the Nation's capital has allured him. Plus you really are delusional to think guys coming off their rookie deals are going to reject 5 year deals from the team they drafted them. LeBron re-signed with CLE the first time too. We're guaranteed to have Wall for atleast 5-6 more seasons

He isn't leaving and all you can do is keep dreaming. Tell coke head Buss to keep his picks and actual use them. Then maybe you can get your own stars instead of trying to form a super squad with no chemistry :heh: