The Shield

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Decided to finally watch this and I'm at the beginning of season 5 right now. This show is pretty up and down for me. I think Kurt Sutter's whole thing of a team of rascally white guys savings the day and breaking all the rules if pretty retarded, but the shield pulls it off way better than SOA. I'm also not sure Michael Chickless is a good enough actor to do Vic Mackie justice, he's good episode to episode but when you look at it as a whole I feel I don't really know why Vic why does what he does.

aceveda :pacspit:
julian :pacspit:
lem :obama:
shane :manny:
this new mexican rookie :shaq:

What does the coli think of the shield?

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
watched the first 5/6 eps of the first season and enjoyed them. don't know why i haven't gotten around to finishing off the series. eventually......

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Watched the fist like 5 or 6 seasons and just stopped. shyt was underwhelming, I remember a few parts where I would stop and appreciate the show but I just couldn't get past comparing it to the wire

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watched the fist like 5 or 6 seasons and just stopped. shyt was underwhelming, I remember a few parts where I would stop and appreciate the show but I just couldn't get past comparing it to the wire

i don't know how you could make it through the first 4 seasons then say the last 2 was underwelming

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Watched the fist like 5 or 6 seasons and just stopped. shyt was underwhelming

and this is why I can't just jump into any tv series. time wasted is a huge fear of mine. I'd much rather read a bad book than watch a bad tv show. from a bad book... I can still take away from it that I expanded my vocabulary.. or kept my mind sharp. the empty feeling i get after watching a bad tv series is the worse. its not only disappointment in the creators but also disappointment in myself for not acknowledging that at one point I actually realized going forward would be a waste of time before I reached the end point. but you lie to yourself... that somehow the creators will pull a rabbit out of a mythical hat and in the end it you will leave it all with a sense of satisfaction. i think this show gives me that fear.......

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
and this is why I can't just jump into any tv series. time wasted is a huge fear of mine. I'd much rather read a bad book than watch a bad tv show. from a bad book... I can still take away from it that I expanded my vocabulary.. or kept my mind sharp. the empty feeling i get after watching a bad tv series is the worse. its not only disappointment in the creators but also disappointment in myself for not acknowledging that at one point I actually realized going forward would be a waste of time before I reached the end point. but you lie to yourself... that somehow the creators will pull a rabbit out of a mythical hat and in the end it you will leave it all with a sense of satisfaction. i think this show gives me that fear.......

:whoa:

the shield is one of the best shows ever.

you liked what you saw. don't overthink it.

just enjoy the ride :banderas:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
i don't know how you could make it through the first 4 seasons then say the last 2 was underwelming
:yeshrug: just realized i was just watching to it see what was gonna happen next and it never really led to anything

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
multiple threads have been made about the shield lately...everyone must have just jumped on the "amazon prime video/netflix all season watchlist" train...:heh:

i just started watchin it last week on amazon prime vid and i been hooked...i'm on seaon 4 right now....show is beyond great...my only beef is with shane's racist ass...was hopin for him to catch a bullet in season 3....

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
season 5 is one of the best seasons period. I'd put that season up there with the likes of the wire, breaking bad, ect...
the level of acting forrest whitaker displayed that season :wow:
Lem
series finale of season 7 was also :banderas:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I cant take any nikka saying the shield aint the real deal serious. Its the reason why all these "10 o'clock dramas" are the push the envelope shows on TV. Pay Homage.

The Armadio season was the dopest thing TV had seen from a cable drama at the time. When they burned his face :wow:

The spook street dude c-walking into the cop car is a top 5 moment in the history of television :pachaha: