The Salon Summer Reading Series

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I'm a big reader. Since I've been to college most of what I read tends to be mostly non-fiction, but I still dabble in fiction, especially that of the rather low brow kind, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

With that being said, what books are on the menu for this summer? What are you currently reading? How much time do you usually devote to reading if that's you thing? I'm also hoping for some recommendations as well.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I like to read self help books, (dating, diy, such and such for dummies)
Right now im reading Nice Guys Finish Last
820656_10200426028242601_160205185_o.jpg

Auto biography are good. Get to know a lil bout people on a personal level, not just from the fame and success. Reading bout people struggle is always a good read.
I'm bias but Jay Z decoded is my favorite book.
511aXFVJMBL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

History, science and sometimes a mixture of the two are cool....always great to read up on the marvel of nature, and the agony of war, the progression of civilization and culture.

I'm currently reading 33 strategies of war. Some swear by 48 laws of power, but me being a vet, I relate with 33 strategies of war.
300px-33StratagiesWar.jpg

Last but not least, I like to read early /child development books. Authors and titles vary. I haven't read any lately, but when I'm book shopping, or going thru the book shelf and closet, I'll take a few notes.

Edit: with pics I apologize, book is called nice guys,

Last edited:

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
books that I liked:
the alchemist
dark spring
valeries week of wonders
the street of crocodiles
kappa
anything pg wodehouse has ever written lol
a confederacy of dunces
froth on the daydream
the ladies detective agency
wizard of the crow (haven't finished yet)
I just finished the number one ladies detective agency. It was pretty good. I loved the show as well...

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I bought Jean-Paul Sartre's Being and Nothingness, but I have yet to put a dent in it. I'm interested in his concept of Bad Faith. I did finish You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. Motivational shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I bought Jean-Paul Sartre's Being and Nothingness, but I have yet to put a dent in it. I'm interested in his concept of Bad Faith. I did finish You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. Motivational shyt.

Is Being and Nothingness considered a philosophy type book? Not familiar with his work.

And I want to know what is you are a badass about?

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Why yes I have. Are you into folklore, and do you like black science fiction writers?

yeah, i've been going to half price books just to check out their mythology stash. and to answer your other question , yes but I dont know that many-care to drop any?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Is Being and Nothingness considered a philosophy type book? Not familiar with his work.

And I want to know what is you are a badass about?
Yes, it's a philosophy book.

The badass book is a self help book. Most of the same stuff. Positive thinking, the universe responds to what you put out, etc.

I am a badass at life.