RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Now DJ Premier is getting shytted on :facepalm:

That's why these types of threads suck :manny:

I actually like this thread, people on both sides are making strong arguments.

I'll add this - Primo worked with a broader range of artists.

Also, has anyone mentioned Group Home? Tremendous production from top to bottom. The rhymes weren't Preem's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
pretty much this. i got primo as the goat cause rza hasnt made 5 good beats since 2004

:manny: to act like Rza hasn't had heat in recent years is a fallacy he's def is inconsistent now but honestly he had one of the best beats on Kanyes album.

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rza and its not even close.. to undermind premiers contributions and accomplishments would be ignorant to say the least. but we just gona act like quantity>quality? preemo hasnt switched his style up in centuries. same 1-2 bar loops with scratching and some simple boob bap sounding drum loops. dudes style sounds dated and lazy as fukk. dont get me wrong he has classics for days but to act like the man has diversified his style enough to even be considered top 5 is ridiculous. rza can go from his niche gritty sound to something like dark fantasy seemlessly. meanwhile preemo is still giving us that same dated sound that somehow ppl havent gotten sick of. honestly theres not much skill to his beats besides the scratching which at times just starts to sound corny as hell cuz its like hes holding on to his early 90s for dear life. looking at the bigger picture rza is lightyears ahead, just imagine if u had to listen to 24 hrs of beats by one of them only. who would u really prefer? cuz preemo for 24 hrs would be on the level of those Iraq tortures where theyd play barney songs at ridiculous volumes for wks at a time. simply unbareable. let it go brehs, preem still prayin like :sadcam: hopin nas will do that album with him but that sound is :flabbynsick: . get over it rip this thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rza and its not even close.. to undermind premiers contributions and accomplishments would be ignorant to say the least. but we just gona act like quantity>quality? preemo hasnt switched his style up in centuries. same 1-2 bar loops with scratching and some simple boob bap sounding drum loops. dudes style sounds dated and lazy as fukk. dont get me wrong he has classics for days but to act like the man has diversified his style enough to even be considered top 5 is ridiculous. rza can go from his niche gritty sound to something like dark fantasy seemlessly. meanwhile preemo is still giving us that same dated sound that somehow ppl havent gotten sick of. honestly theres not much skill to his beats besides the scratching which at times just starts to sound corny as hell cuz its like hes holding on to his early 90s for dear life. looking at the bigger picture rza is lightyears ahead, just imagine if u had to listen to 24 hrs of beats by one of them only. who would u really prefer? cuz preemo for 24 hrs would be on the level of those Iraq tortures where theyd play barney songs at ridiculous volumes for wks at a time. simply unbareable. let it go brehs, preem still prayin like :sadcam: hopin nas will do that album with him but that sound is :flabbynsick: . get over it rip this thread

:childplease:

primos in any real heads top 5 his catalogue cant be denied

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

primos in any real heads top 5 his catalogue cant be denied

wtf is a "real head" fukk outa here with that bullshyt. im jus not into that repetitive lazy production. he has his great beats that cant be denied but to say the man is top 5 without diversifying himself is stupid.

quit tryna debunk ppls opinions with this real hip hop heads deal. what is a real head anyway? ppl who share your same opinions? or someone that sits around all day tryna get + rep by sayin dum shyt like real heads and listening to gangstarr records all day? in the 90s the man was one of the best because of the times and the sound he was bringing was considered fresh and different but its been 20+ yrs man. u tellin me he cant come up with some new drum patterns? or would that break the holy law of the real heads?

Dr Dre
Rza
Timbaland
Kanye
pharell
just blaze
justice league
no id

all more versatile innovative producers.

the man lost when he released this garbage

:aicmon: cmon son they give u an orchestra and u come up wit this boiled trash?

:umad: hes :flabbynsick:

userofherb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see what i mean? 2 bars of wack star wars soundtrack throw away sounding intrumentation, a drum pattern for the "real heads" and then when it gets repetitive and old resort to doing some scratching to add "something new" and switch it up. sounds lazy to me bro

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Rza is a more well rounded producer who founded the greatest hip hop group of all time and is still relevant, with a feature film on the way.

Premier is a washed up cat who makes the SAME BEAT EVERYTIME, works with average to below average emcees like Blak Poet and actually let the n*gga that put him on fall off due to petty squabbles and jealousy. :stopitslime:

Yea, Rza got this one easy.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
pretty much this. i got primo as the goat cause rza hasnt made 5 good beats since 2004

Bonus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlwY663QUo]The RZA - Love Is Digi (Part II) [BRAND NEW] - YouTube[/ame]

:heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
again, not picking sides, but it not clear how much involvement RZA had in the tracks he did with Kanye

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
you cant call primo overrated. has he hit a brief rough patch or 2? sure, but overrated? primo? nah. that dont even make sense