The Russo Brothers in Talks to Return & Direct Next Two ‘Avengers’ Films for Marvel Studios

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The MCU is absolutely already divisive and they scrapped, at the very least, the actor who was supposed to anchor the Avengers movies as it's big bad. It'd be one thing if you were asking the Russos to come in and keep the ball rolling. You're asking them to save the franchise, which means you're asking them for vision as oppose to just execution. The current vision has the core audience review bombing shows and movies sight unseen. The current vision was also created by a guy who notoriously stifles directors ability to do their own thing.
The franchise should (ideally) already be “saved” well before Avengers 5 even comes around. If we’re hoping that the Russos need to play rescue for the MCU come 2026, then that’s a major red flag.

The films leading up to then gotta earn the audience’s goodwill back. We don’t know who the current Avengers are or who the supposed big bad is after Majors’ exit.

Correction: The article mentions them pivoting to a new focus for Avengers 5. Whether that’s away from Kang entirely is speculative, but TBD on that.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The franchise should (ideally) already be “saved” well before Avengers 5 even comes around. If we’re hoping that the Russos need to save the MCU come 2026, then that’s a major red flag.

The films leading up to then gotta earn the audience’s goodwill back. We don’t know who the current Avengers are or who the supposed big bad is after Majors’ exit. The article mentioned that they’re pivoting from Kang.
They should just bring kang back. potentially ruining a billion dollar franchise because an actor got convicted of a misdemeanor is not a move i would recommend if i was in their financial department . you'll get people threatening boycotts and bad press, but that will literally only serve as promotion for a company that size.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The franchise should (ideally) already be “saved” well before Avengers 5 even comes around. If we’re hoping that the Russos need to save the MCU come 2026, then that’s a major red flag.

The films leading up to then gotta earn the audience’s goodwill back. We don’t know who the current Avengers are or who the supposed big bad is after Majors’ exit. The article mentioned that they’re pivoting from Kang.
That's the thing, the standalone (not really a thing in the MCU but you get my point) movies, outside maybe Shang-Chi, have been panned. The series, outside Loki I guess, have been panned. The brightest light for the MCU coming up is Deadpool, but I was under the impression that's got some multiverse fukkery connected to it which makes it sound like a one off. It seems to me Fantastic 4 is gonna have to be the fix for them and that has its own issues.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The MCU is absolutely already divisive and they scrapped, at the very least, the actor who was supposed to anchor the Avengers movies as it's big bad. It'd be one thing if you were asking the Russos to come in and keep the ball rolling. You're asking them to save the franchise, which means you're asking them for vision as oppose to just execution. The current vision has the core audience review bombing shows and movies sight unseen. The current vision was also created by a guy who notoriously stifles directors ability to do their own thing.

I know about the current state of the MCU but a divisive Avengers movie in the current state of the MCU would be the END and the MCU wouldn't recover. Imagine if they make an Avengers flick and it only makes like $900M worldwide :heh:

The Russos will at the minimum create and shoot good action scenes/set-pieces, ensure the movie has a serviceable and coherent story, dramatic scenes, good/funny character interactions and rewatchability for the casual movie goer which will make it a hit. It sounds simple in theory but they've been about 10 movies since Endgame and they've all FAILED to do that but 1.

The franchise should (ideally) already be “saved” well before Avengers 5 even comes around. If we’re hoping that the Russos need to play rescue for the MCU come 2026, then that’s a major red flag.

Disney are going to throw RDJ and Evans a 💰 to come back and be in an Avengers movie with Hugh Jackman, Doctor Strange and Spiderman.

For the villain I'm telling you they will BRING BACK Thanos.

Disney are SCRAMBLING. They can't take any risks with this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They've been wanting to do Secret Wars for more than a decade and Feige trusts them so he'll let them cook. I do wonder if they'll bring Marcus & McFeely with them though, they were a big part in making all them Russos movies work within the comics world, which it ain't easy.

Let them do Doom correctly :feedme:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That's the thing, the standalone (not really a thing in the MCU but you get my point) movies, outside maybe Shang-Chi, have been panned. The series, outside Loki I guess, have been panned. The brightest light for the MCU coming up is Deadpool, but I was under the impression that's got some multiverse fukkery connected to it which makes it sound like a one off. It seems to me Fantastic 4 is gonna have to be the fix for them and that has its own issues.
If what I heard about it is true, I think the most important project coming up for them is Brave New World.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
What's the story going to be though? Marvel is flip flopping between keeping Kang and recasting or going in a different direction

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't know how people hating this when they did winter soldier that shyt was up to 11 with how fukking dope it was... :wow:

I think Disney wasn't gonna pay them what they wanted that's why they probably walked away the first time. The problem with marvel wasn't the action it's the fukking story within each movie. Some hit, some are garbage... Its like fridge ain't overseeing anything!?!:beli:

But I'm happy they back ..:wow:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't know how people hating this when they did winter soldier that shyt was up to 11 with how fukking dope it was... :wow:

I think Disney wasn't gonna pay them what they wanted that's why they probably walked away the first time. The problem with marvel wasn't the action it's the fukking story within each movie. Some hit, some are garbage... Its like fridge ain't overseeing anything!?!:beli:

But I'm happy they back ..:wow:
They realized they need the each other. Disney damn sure needs the Russo's

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He had his t-t-t-time.
Kang the multiverse gawd will return

ill-see-you-soon-kang.gif