The Russo Brothers in Talks to Return & Direct Next Two ‘Avengers’ Films for Marvel Studios

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Joe and Anthony Russo are assembling a team — once again.

The Russo Bros., are in early talks to return to Marvel Studios to direct not just one, but the next two Avengers movies, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The hiring ends a months-long, high stakes search by the studio for filmmakers to oversee the fifth and sixth Avengers movies. Multiple names were in contention, including Deadpool & Wolverine director Shawn Levy, who was offered the gig. Sources say the talks are in the early stages.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
you-couldn%E2%80%99t-live-thanos.gif

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Gives them a chance to show if they're actually good directors or if the MCU was just like writing a blank check back then. Lord knows they've flopped with anything else they've directed.

They're good for the MCU (which cannot afford a divisive Avengers movie) and that's all that matters :manny:

This tells me the upcoming movies up to the next Avengers movie (excluding Deadpool/Wolverine) are straight :trash:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
They're good for the MCU (which cannot afford a divisive Avengers movie) and that's all that matters :manny:

This tells me the upcoming movies up to the next Avengers movie (excluding Deadpool/Wolverine) are straight :trash:
The MCU is absolutely already divisive and they scrapped, at the very least, the actor who was supposed to anchor the Avengers movies as it's big bad. It'd be one thing if you were asking the Russos to come in and keep the ball rolling. You're asking them to save the franchise, which means you're asking them for vision as oppose to just execution. The current vision has the core audience review bombing shows and movies sight unseen. The current vision was also created by a guy who notoriously stifles directors ability to do their own thing.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
it all depends on how Deadpoolv Wolverine ends at the end of the day

all other plot lines that are out there in the MCU are horrible and I dunno if anyone can fix it and make a good story