Supporter
Daps

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
"Sleeping Beauty": In Giambattista Basile's tale (which is the actual origin of the Sleeping Beauty story), a king happens to walk by Sleeping Beauty's castle and knock on the door. When no one answers, he climbs up a ladder through a window. He finds the princess, and calls to her, but as she is unconscious, she does not wake up. Well, dear reader, he carries her to the bed and rapes her. :wtf: Then he just leaves. She awakens after she gives birth because one of her twins sucks the flax (from the spindle) out of her finger. The king comes back, and despite him having raped her, they end up falling in love? However, another big problem: the king is still married to someone else. His wife finds out and not only tries to have the twins killed, cooked, and fed to the king, but also tries to burn the princess at the stake. Luckily, she is unsuccessful. The king and the princess get married and live happily ever after (despite the fact that he raped her). Perrault's adaptation of Basile's updated adaptation of the story (a much tamer version) is probably what was used for the Disney adaptation, as they are much more similar.

Drops babies fathered by her rapist....

Then becomes a sex slave/mistress/ jump off baby mamma...

Says we ain't getting no younger.... let's get married....

The wife is scheming and boiling babies....

I mean.... these weren't written for kids originally.... but damn... who the hell were they written for? :heh:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I knew the background to all those stories, I read greek mythologies when I was old enough to read. I have passion for fairytales frim around the world. The only Disney story that I loved growing up was the lion king. I wasn't into the princesses except maybe Pocahontas.

Ya most of the fairytales are cautionary tales and are far more gruesome than the Disney' s cookie cutter version.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
My mom read to us many of these real stories. I recall Rapunzel the most vividly. When we saw the movies we were upset. They didn't go along with the things my mom read to us.

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
THycnv8.gif

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Disney tales are pretty tragic. Also, I don't know if any of y'all know this but the reason the majority of the time the main character doesn't have parents or a mom is because Walt Disney's parents died because of the furnace in the new home he bought them. He blamed himself for that and it pretty much made him depressed.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
All these Disney stories are like this. It's funny reading the lion king one though. It's pretty clear sons of anarchy follows the same premise, but I never noticed the lion king does. Makes you look at it in a new light. It's a bit less violent though.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
On a side note: Jack fairy tales to make billions but sue everyone for "copyright" infringement brehs