The real secret to Asian American success was not education

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I believe this was allowed to happen because asians don't pose a threat to white supremacy.
For the most part they don't assimilate and engage in politics or any other aspect of the American power structure.
They are just Asians in America not Asian Americans.
Where did you go to school?

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
The thesis of the article is hardly convincing. Outside of the Military test differences, the writer didn't control for any other explanatory-variables outside the one he wants to be the cause, which is that groups faced varying degrees of discrimination from the white majority. Also, a fact that weakens the paper's argument is that the group patterns produced by East Asian immigrants here have also been replicated in other countries like the Chinese in various Southeast Asian countries or the Japanese in Peru. From my point of view, its harder to make such an argument when the same exact phenomenon occurs in non-white majority countries. I'm also highly skeptical about the characterization being made about Asians prior to WW2. The paper is implying that the academic success occurred much later as a result of lessening interface at the hands of whites, but I remember reading something that contradicts with this notion -

"Even during the era of anti-Chinese feeling in the United
States before World War II, Chinese schoolchildren were among
the favorites of teachers for their academic performance and their
good behavior
. At the college level, Asian American students have
consistently scored higher than white American students on the
mathematics portion of the Scholastic Aptitude Test. However,
Asian Americans’ success in academia and in later careers is not
simply a reflection of higher test scores. A scholarly study found
that white students had to have IQs 15 points higher to match
either the educational or the economic performances of Asian
Americans.
" - James R. Flynn, Asian Americans: Achievement Beyond IQ

Last edited:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
so you're saying Asians are just superior intellectually to blacks?

:mjpls:
No, that's not at all what's written in my post. I haven't even presented my explanation behind the disparities being discussed itt. Imo, the interpretation you're making sounds like your own insecurities being projected onto my writing, or weak bait.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
so you're saying Asians are just superior intellectually to blacks?

:mjpls:

asians are not any smarter, but more often than not they study hard from day 1. them brehs study hard as hell. all the smart ones i know from schools i've been to were asians. and my kids go to school with many smart asians. they just have a great studying habits.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
The real reason that Asians are “succeeding far more than African-Americans and even more than white Americans” is that “their families are intact and education is paramount,” he said
pure BS. There's alot of benefit of having an abundance of cheap and exploitable labor, mixed with nationalist merchants/entrepreneurs/business owners

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
asians are not any smarter, but more often than not they study hard from day 1. them brehs study hard as hell. all the smart ones i know from schools i've been to were asians. and my kids go to school with many smart asians. they just have a great studying habits.
it's not just at-home study habits, there are institutions within their American communities that caters to their educational needs, specifically for their community members
a Chinese breh admitted that the educational system in China having prep American bound Asians for success because the subjects become a review session once enrolled in US school

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
It's probably a mixture of both.

Asian culture in regards to education and the pressure to succeed is not a myth.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
it's not just at-home study habits, there are institutions within their American communities that caters to their educational needs, specifically for their community members
a Chinese breh admitted that the educational system in China having prep American bound Asians for success because the subjects become a review session once enrolled in US school

yeah. i heard korean kids in korea take 3-4 after school classes in pre school. that's messed up, but that helps in the long run

nawshus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Asians are soooo accepted by whites they face less racism from whites then other whites do? :laff:If success in America is entirely contingent on how 'accepted' you are by whites then Asians should still have lower median incomes.

Last edited:

AYEKAY1

Banned
Daps
yeah. i heard korean kids in korea take 3-4 after school classes in pre school. that's messed up, but that helps in the long run
kids in korea in 4th grade doing shyt kids in highschool cant even comprehend

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
nikkas are in denial, as usual

Businesses plays a HUGE part in it. When you don't have an economic base or enough businesses to employ your own people, the result is the state AAs are in now

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Black owned businesses make money. The idea that black owned business should look different is why many fail.
That and black people have always made their own businesses and historically they got burned down. Presently, any black business that succeeds caters at least in part, if not mostly, to black people.