The Random AEW News Thread

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
This is the SECOND women's tournament that they've done mostly or all on youtube instead of Dynamite? :francis:

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
There’s only 2 hours of tv time every week and no one is trying to see most of it be women’s matches.

no choice but to put them on YouTube. If you want to watch, then watch it on YouTube.

I’d rather it be at most one match on Dynamite

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Jon Moxley commented on his match with Davey Smith Jr. at Bloodspot 5, why he loves the promotion, and more. You can check out some highlights from the interview below:

On why Bloodsport is exactly what pro wrestling should be: “This is pro wrestling, exactly what f—— pro wrestling is supposed to be. No choreographed horses—, no frills, nothing that’s ironic. It’s hard-hitting wrestling, that’s Bloodsport. This is a destination for me. I wanted to do this while I was with WWE when I watched Harry Smith fight [Karrion] Kross [in April 2019]. That stood out to me, and even then, I thought Harry embodied that Bloodsport style.”

On his match with Davey Boy Smith Jr. on the show: “This isn’t going to be a payday; this is going to be a moment. I can beat the guy that’s undefeated at Bloodsport, but I know he can beat me, too. Harry is legit, and I know he’s going in confident thinking he’s going to kick my ass. Maybe he will. But if that’s what he thinks he’s going to do, it’s going to be a long f—— night.”

On the attitude behind Bloodsport: “Bloodsport reminds me of a deathmatch, even though it’s the complete opposite. It’s the attitude that feels the same. Bloodsport captures my spirit—we’re not there to do a dance routine; we’re two competitors laying it on the line, trying to hurt each other. This is the hardest-hitting wrestling on the planet. This is as serious as it gets in pro wrestling, and the vibe and attitude fits everything about me. And it’s even better because I get to go against Harry Smith, this brick s—house that’ll knock you in the dirt the first chance he gets.

“You’re going to see complete freedom of expression through violence. We’re going to let the f— loose and let the chips fall where they may. There is no hiding behind pyro or your entrance, there is no crowd. There is nothing to rely on but your skills. This is going to be pure freedom of expression in the most physical and violent form possible. There is a high possibility that Harry Smith might f— me up, but I’m here for it. Let’s go.”

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Jon Moxley commented on his match with Davey Smith Jr. at Bloodspot 5, why he loves the promotion, and more. You can check out some highlights from the interview below:

On why Bloodsport is exactly what pro wrestling should be: “This is pro wrestling, exactly what f—— pro wrestling is supposed to be. No choreographed horses—, no frills, nothing that’s ironic. It’s hard-hitting wrestling, that’s Bloodsport. This is a destination for me. I wanted to do this while I was with WWE when I watched Harry Smith fight [Karrion] Kross [in April 2019]. That stood out to me, and even then, I thought Harry embodied that Bloodsport style.”

On his match with Davey Boy Smith Jr. on the show: “This isn’t going to be a payday; this is going to be a moment. I can beat the guy that’s undefeated at Bloodsport, but I know he can beat me, too. Harry is legit, and I know he’s going in confident thinking he’s going to kick my ass. Maybe he will. But if that’s what he thinks he’s going to do, it’s going to be a long f—— night.”

On the attitude behind Bloodsport: “Bloodsport reminds me of a deathmatch, even though it’s the complete opposite. It’s the attitude that feels the same. Bloodsport captures my spirit—we’re not there to do a dance routine; we’re two competitors laying it on the line, trying to hurt each other. This is the hardest-hitting wrestling on the planet. This is as serious as it gets in pro wrestling, and the vibe and attitude fits everything about me. And it’s even better because I get to go against Harry Smith, this brick s—house that’ll knock you in the dirt the first chance he gets.

“You’re going to see complete freedom of expression through violence. We’re going to let the f— loose and let the chips fall where they may. There is no hiding behind pyro or your entrance, there is no crowd. There is nothing to rely on but your skills. This is going to be pure freedom of expression in the most physical and violent form possible. There is a high possibility that Harry Smith might f— me up, but I’m here for it. Let’s go.”

Well damn.... like I gotta watch this now :leon:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Well damn.... like I gotta watch this now :leon:

They've all been decent to great.

The Indiannapolis one where Moxley debuted was dope. They had a fantastic women's tournament in that one too.

There was one last week with Jeff Cobb, Calvin Tankman, Filthy Tom Lawlor, JR Kratos and Alex Coughlin who is one of the NJ young lions. I think there's one lined up for Mania weekend.

The best PPV they've done is still the one that was headlined by Barnett and Suzuki.

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
This is the SECOND women's tournament that they've done mostly or all on youtube instead of Dynamite? :francis:

Word is they want to use that match as an inroad to doing more specials on Bleacher Report's free service. Which makes sense, given that BR serves 15 million people worldwide and Riho's consistently been one of AEW's best draws since she debuted. They're willing to take the hit of not broadcasting to an audience of hundreds of thousands to draw from an audience of millions; we'll see if it works.

Don't tell this to anyone on other wrestling websites, most of whom don't realize that basically every major sports company in the world broadcasts their tournaments on multiple platforms. Wrestling fans want to talk about Vince being out of touch, but want to act like this kind of synergy hasn't been a thing for half a decade.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Word is they want to use that match as an inroad to doing more specials on Bleacher Report's free service. Which makes sense, given that BR serves 15 million people worldwide and Riho's consistently been one of AEW's best draws since she debuted. They're willing to take the hit of not broadcasting to an audience of hundreds of thousands to draw from an audience of millions; we'll see if it works.

Don't tell this to anyone on other wrestling websites, most of whom don't realize that basically every major sports company in the world broadcasts their tournaments on multiple platforms. Wrestling fans want to talk about Vince being out of touch, but want to act like this kind of synergy hasn't been a thing for half a decade.

U basically just repeated khan said on twitter :russ:...they have one min matches on tv

U think people on bR(non wrestling fans) are gon tune into random 80 pound asian wrestlers...n when they find out a tranny is on tv:lolbron: