The PS2 is 19 years old today.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This really was the GOAT console. Endless games and something for everyone.

This was the one console you didn't have to ask if someone had. You just pulled up to their house with your game(s) and a pad.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Nothing but the utmost respect for the greatest gaming console of ALL TIME. :salute:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
To put things into perspective, you need to be at least 10yrs (roughly) to Matter as a gamer so unless you're 30yrs old? You wouldn't know MUCH about the ps2 era :francis:

You know how Nintendo purposely doesn't make enough systems to boost excitement over the product? (There's a psychological element to this practice) well Sony and Microsoft used to play that and the end result was less sales because demand was so high. How high? At launch a ps2 went for $10,000 on eBay while the average price was $2500. All this for the worst made console in history, my launch ps2 would not read DVD disc. If you did get a working system it eventually would die and you'd get a disc read error message or D.R.E. for short. Now this is where shyt gets weird...

Fanboys on this site often say shyt like they didn't have ps2 problems :dahell: but Sony got sued worldwide over it and LOST. The ps2 sold as much as it did because you had to buy a second ps2 mid gen, most of us did. I was working at Funcoland which later became gamestop at launch. Sony reps will visit the store monthly to check on shyt like how Sony products were displayed/etc. And this dude told us Sony was aware of the Dre issue which of course they did because we had broken ps2's stacked to the ceiling. Publicly Sony has denied there ever was a ps2 issue :mindblown: and Sony stans like to forget that Sony continued to sell faulty systems for 5 full years. That's why the ps2 sold 150million consoles back then :francis:

The Xbox360 and its red ring of death was fixed within 2 yrs, they didn't sell as many systems, but the narrative will be that the RROD issue was more widespread (math and common sense tells another story tho)

Sony settles PS2 lawsuit • Eurogamer.net

Finally, all they was forced to do was pay $25 to whoever put in a claim or they would fix your system for free or at a discounted price. This settlement came 5yrs after launch, so essentially you got fukked :snoop: here's Sony after they lost in court...

Tru Story :picard:
Yeah the 10000 models was trash. I remember struggling to get the game to read the disc as my first ps2, but then I got the slim and everything was greatness from there. :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Me and a couple of my homies got it launch day lol. Skipped school and went to Toys R Us at about 4 am with our pre-orders. Good times

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Still got mine from way back and fire it up everyone once in a while. The tray is busted, gotta push it to the side In order for the tray to slide in. She’s still runnin though :wow:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
The PS2 era was some of the funnest most innocent times of my life. Games and DVDs on that bytch. The PS2 era was legit my peak as a gamer. My teenage golden era of fun. The sidekick to the PS2 was the GBA. But PS2 was the GOAT.

When the PS3 dropped, it wasn't the same. I heavily slowed down on video games around that time. Had a P3 and a DS. Slowed down on both.. But with PS2, it was a magical time.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The PS2 era was some of the funnest most innocent times of my life. Games and DVDs on that bytch. The PS2 era was legit my peak as a gamer. My teenage golden era of fun. The sidekick to the PS2 was the GBA. But PS2 was the GOAT.

When the PS3 dropped, it wasn't the same. I heavily slowed down on video games around that time. Had a P3 and a DS. Slowed down on both.. But with PS2, it was a magical time.

Your avi :laff:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
My PS2 is 18 years old...or I think it is. I say this because a couple years after launch I got the DVD read disc error that destroyed my copy of def jam vendetta.

I sent it back to Sony, paid £80 and got it back. I'm not sure if was my original console. To this day if I want to play def jam vendetta I have to use two copies to complete it.