The productivity + multi-tasking + automation POWER of ANDROID [ROOT]

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Figured this could use its own thread -- some stuff is already mentioned in the googset thread.

-----

first ill tell you all what im working with:

Tasker

--- many of yall know bout it lets you pretty much automate anything from your device-- from your wallpaper backround to the lock code of your pattern based on location/time/apps/ whatever shyt is crazy.. i still havent fully figured out what it can do. there also other apps that do similar things but i always come back to this ie llama atooma forget the rest

nfc

--- nfc is crazy--- we thought it was just a file sharing service but u can it can used as a trigger to do bunch of stuff all you need is a couple nfc tags and your good... i have one in my car and home.. car tag triggers play music, max volume. home tag triggers silent, wifi on --- and used with tasker---:ohlawd:

flashify

for all my root brethen-- u can flash whatever without goin into recovery---:myman:

helium-- aka carbon

same root family--- back up all your apps app data-- call logs text even t9 words to the cloud:whew:

notification toggle

this lets you not only put small setting widgets on your notification bar-- but even full app shortcuts-- to save steps from swiping screen to screen--

pop up widget

another crazy one--- pop up widget-- lets you pop up widgets-- regardless of home panel space.. just pops rite over them-- you can adjust where/how/size another:ooh: app till i found the following one

widgets everywhere beta-

found through xda-- but literally lets you put widgets anywhere-- :to::myman: gps toggle ontop of google maps and google now.. equalizer widget ontop of any music app... sports feed ontop of anything --- u get the picture.

sidebar blas

another multitaskers dream--- 3 bars on the right/left side of your phone.. settings/apps/widgets--- damn the multitasking..

----

if you just using your android for calls/text web:ufdup:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where do you buy nfc tags @Hersh and go into more detail about them if you can, how easy is the setup

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
u can buy tags anywhere really-- amazon/ebay/ anywhere--- can b in bracelets/keychains/a card anything.

its really just a chip placed inside said object that the phones nfc chip can communicate with.

set up is easy-- really just a step by step option.. so i want to change home screens when i arrive at work-- pick that option-- scan the nfc tag-- then test it -- done.. really that simple.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
u like taking extra steps to get where u need to go?
That's efficiency, not necessarily multi-tasking.

Multi-Tasking equals being more productive is a myth. Does it make things easier in some cases on a phone? Sure, but it still doesn't mean its the most efficient way to do things.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i c what ur sayin-- but to make a broad statement- as "i hate multi-tasking" its goin to ruffle some feathers---

anyways u aint fukkin with any of this? lol

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
He uses something called windows phone :flabbynsick:
I use everything breh, multi-tasking is the most overrated thing to get wide acceptance.

Companies like Amazon, Apple, and other big ones are dropping their previous stance on the issue because they realized everything was getting half-assed.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You think it would be possible to program Tasker on my tablet to automatically chromecast Netflix to my tv whenever I turn the tablet on

:ohhh: