The original Twilight Zone was inspired by the Emmett Till case.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep I knew about this and how it was connected to emmit.

Also anyone who has watched the show knows how sterling often tackled racial issues even though he was often heavily censored.

One of the greatest episodes was the one where the world gets darker and darker due to hate and how this was a subliminal call out against racism during the civil rights movement.

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
Rod Serling is one of the few white people I can't find fault with on why he felt so strongly the way he did about race. Usually, there's some self-serving motive behind it, but I've never been able to come across one by him.

The freakiest "Twilight Zone" episode to me was S2 E17's "Twenty Two."
Episode has me shook even to this day.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Twilight zone has been and will always be one of my favorite series. The marathon is a yearly ritual. What’s dope is the episode a big tall wish was literally one of the first prime time shows to have an all black cast. Dude was ahead of his time.

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
Twilight zone has been and will always be one of my favorite series. The marathon is a yearly ritual. What’s dope is the episode a big tall wish was literally one of the first prime time shows to have an all black cast. Dude was ahead of his time.

It'll be interesting to see what modern shows last over the next thirty years, but I highly doubt many, if at all any of the popular ones of the last ten-fifteen years will be rewatched over and over. I mean, heck, does anyone even rewatch them now? I would bet money "Twilight Zone" continues to translate very well to future generations.

I started rewatching all the episodes on Netflix a few months ago and y'all are making me want to go finish. Lol

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
It'll be interesting to see what modern shows last over the next thirty years, but I highly doubt many, if at all any of the popular ones of the last ten-fifteen years will be rewatched over and over. I mean, heck, does anyone even rewatch them now? I would bet money "Twilight Zone" continues to translate very well to future generations.

I started rewatching all the episodes on Netflix a few months ago and y'all are making me want to go finish. Lol

Twilight zone is timeless man. It’s the mood, the cinematography and the genius story telling. Rod was in his bag when he made it. 100 years from now people will still be watching it.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
damn I remember reading Rod Serling was in the pacific islands during wartime in WWII and was assigned to a platoon known for having a high death rate because he pissed someone off

A soldier was doing a standup comic routine during a break in the fighting and an ally plane flew by and dropped a care package which landed on the soldier’s head decapitating him.

He used the unpredictability of death in his future writings off this incident.

—-

so many good episodes and i couldn’t possibly post them all. Though it’s my first time hearing that emmitt till story