The Original Robocop In 87 Is Easily One Of The Top 10 Action Movies Of All Time

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Drunk as hell watching this shyt right now at my mama's house and she keeps cutting into me about how I used to watch this shyt every single day as a kid. I absolutely loved the hell out of this movie as a kid, and even now, shyt aged well as hell. Til this day, everytime I see it on TV I gotta watch that shyt. Its just that damn good. From beginning to end with the action, the quotables from the cast, the fight with the robot, when he went to the OCP building, ect. The movie is an underrated classic and i'd put it on the sam level as Terminator 1 and the 1st Matrix. What do you nikkas think?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Yea it was good. #3 was :trash:
Yeah bro. 2 was also good as fukk, just not as good as 1 (in Terminator's case 2 was much better than 1). 3 was trash cause they went to PG13 for absolutely no reason and the script was trash. IDK why the fukk they tried to make 3 all friendly and shyt smh.

Same with the new remake. I actually liked the movie, but Robocop was a great movie because of the violence that you cant portray with it being pg13. As I said though, I did kinda like the new remake

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Definitely up there as one of my favorite movies. I just recently bought the new Blu Ray version like a year ago and the movie still holds up for the most part except for some of the motion capture scenes. It's a shame that even with the technology today the remake couldn't touch the original movie in all aspects of the movie.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Great film...but when it comes to Paul Verhoeven....Starship Troopers >>>

Both films are amazing though...they *really* straddle the line between being genuine..and satire. Probably better than any action movies I've ever seen. Most of the films like that nowadays have to be all in your face about it...they aren't smart or brave enough to let some people think they are "real". Robocop can be viewed by some as "hell yeah, clean up Detroit!" as opposed to a bizarre critique on extreme law enforcement. SST can be viewed as a simple sci-fi movie, as opposed to a critique on politics, punditry, and war. But that's what makes them work for me.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Great film...but when it comes to Paul Verhoeven....Starship Troopers >>>

Both films are amazing though...they *really* straddle the line between being genuine..and satire. Probably better than any action movies I've ever seen. Most of the films like that nowadays have to be all in your face about it...they aren't smart or brave enough to let some people think they are "real". Robocop can be viewed by some as "hell yeah, clean up Detroit!" as opposed to a bizarre critique on extreme law enforcement. SST can be viewed as a simple sci-fi movie, as opposed to a critique on politics, punditry, and war. But that's what makes them work for me.
Nope. Robocop and Total Recall >>>>

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Drunk as hell watching this shyt right now at my mama's house and she keeps cutting into me about how I used to watch this shyt every single day as a kid. I absolutely loved the hell out of this movie as a kid, and even now, shyt aged well as hell. Til this day, everytime I see it on TV I gotta watch that shyt. Its just that damn good. From beginning to end with the action, the quotables from the cast, the fight with the robot, when he went to the OCP building, ect. The movie is an underrated classic and i'd put it on the sam level as Terminator 1 and the 1st Matrix. What do you nikkas think?
I always had the fab five of the 80s

Terminator
Aliens
Robocop
Predator
Die Hard

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:salute:

My list is exactly the same as yours, in order

Robocop
Predator
Aliens
Terminator (so low cause of how great the 2nd was (that was 19991 for T2 right?)
Die Hard
Real shyt.

I like Terminators rawness, it's maybe my favorite of that Era but Aliens is my shyt. All the film's are neck and neck, they just too dope.