The one thing I don't get about marriage

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I was just telling a chick this last week. I told her she just seems to want marriage too bad. A dude will feel like he' just filling in a position she has open. Her overwhelming desire to get married takes away the fun of falling for someone naturally.

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
True, its because society tells us marriage is what you're supposed to do. I think most people get married because they want to have their own kids.

Society makes it feel like a necessary thing. People end up settling with whoever can stand them.

People don't want to be alone. Many people also have this fairy tale image of what marriage is. It sounds nice that you are with this person for life and you will share everything.

^^^ This and especially the bold parts.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Marriage is a lot of work but it can be very rewarding. People do tend to get married just for the sake of kids or stay married. Some are lonely and don't want to be alone.

My thing with marriage is people see these damn movies thinking its gonna be like that fukk NO IT AIN'T:laugh:

To be honest i think when people say I DO no matter how long you been with them they CHANGE :stop: cuz they official got that paper that says MAN AND WIFE now they wanna show there true colors. Majority cases its true but there are some where its not though.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
cosign, that and women feel pressure to get married because the stigma is that if a woman is 30 plus and never been married something is wrong with her
This and also alot of woman value themselves by how much a guy will spend on them to take care of them. Stuff is disgusting. I think most guys only want to get married when they (a) find a woman they think is different than these scallys running the street thinking they hot shyt and/or (b) they want to do the kid thing the "right" way. Some dudes are just suckers taking the first chick that give him some constant butt and make him feel like a "man" even though you shouldn't need a chick to do that for you IMO.