The older I get, the more I realize...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All niccas got in Oakland are barbershops and soul food spots. And the service in those places suck, service is wack, etc. there is so much dilapidated property in west being converted to condos by investors, and the niccas in the area have been on there butts, not making any advancement for the community, never took any chance for a better life. Too many of our people lack FAITH and UNITY

you forgot to add churches...

people are afraid to take chances...thats the biggest problem...

all cats can see as a way out of the hood...is athletics or entertainment...:ohlawd:

anything else scares them

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
you forgot to add churches...

people are afraid to take chances...thats the biggest problem...

all cats can see as a way out of the hood...is athletics or entertainment...:ohlawd:

anything else scares them

On a certain corner in west Oakland, there is a vacant property on a corner. When I saw it, it was obvious to me that an opportunity was available. With the size, square footage, surrounding community (a lot of white folks are moving back in the area) I automatically thought of a coffee shop. Talk to the bank, get some young black men in the community to help with renovation (sweat equity), oops paint, habitat for humanity, goodwill for basic furniture, a router for wi-fi, pastries, fridge, throw some chairs and tables outside, etc and K.I.M. People love stuff like that. Plant a garden or something. You would be surprised...

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
Assimilation killed black people and we don't even realize it. Although I'm guilty of not keeping money in the black neighborhoods and buying high end designer clothing when they don't want to be affiliated with us at all, I feel the first step is not going where we are no wanted. I had to realize the hard way that no matter what kind of car you drive and how much money you have, you are still just a nigg3r to them.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
All niccas got in Oakland are barbershops and soul food spots. And the service in those places suck, service is wack, etc. there is so much dilapidated property in west being converted to condos by investors, and the niccas in the area have been on there butts, not making any advancement for the community, never took any chance for a better life. Too many of our people lack FAITH and UNITY

We had unity, that just got thrashed after the storm of COINTELPRO and other things. We still unite for Obama being elected or Travyon, it's just that we haven't had any widespread unity towards anything that will pull us up. It's obvious that the powers don't want us to be united, and thus do everything in their power to keep us divided. However we'll get out of this, it's just going to be difficult.