The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Introducing the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series

HERO_Controllers-hero.jpg

At Xbox, we’re committed to giving fans choices when it comes to games, services, and devices. Coming in holiday 2017, we’re bringing fans the most powerful console ever: Project Scorpio. Featuring 6 teraflops of graphical processing power, true 4K gaming, and compatibility with Xbox One games and accessories. Plus, later this spring, Xbox Game Pass will launch unlocking over 100 great games with endless play. Today, we’re excited to unveil the new Tech Series of Xbox Wireless Controllers. The first in the series is the Xbox Wireless Controller – Recon Tech Special Edition. This controller will be available for $69.99 USD and will start shipping to retailers worldwide starting April 25.

In developing this new controller series, the Xbox team was inspired by military technology and performance patterns, exploring concepts stemming from combat armor and sci-fi mechanical gear. Premium finishes like a laser etched texture on the front, gold accents and insignia are on the front of the controller. The back of the controller features textured diamond rubberized grip for added control and comfort. This specialized controller also has the same features you know and love of the Xbox Wireless Controller, including improved wireless range and Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 devices or Samsung Gear VR. You can also take advantage of the custom button-mapping feature through the Xbox Accessories App, available for download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store.

image: https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/02_Crop-1.jpg

02_Crop-1.jpg

image: https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/03_Crop.jpg

03_Crop.jpg

A great way to use this new controller on your Xbox One is with Copilot – a new console feature that allows any two Xbox Wireless Controllers act as if they were one. As part of our commitment to enhancing gaming for everyone, Copilot makes Xbox One more inviting and fun for new gamers or those needing assistance — whether it’s parents who want to help their kids play, experienced gamers looking to play with novice players, or gamers who need unique configurations to play (e.g. with hands apart, hand and chin, hand and foot, etc.). The Copilot feature will be available through the Creators Update later this year.

Please visit xbox.com, microsoftstore.com, Microsoft Store or your local retail store for more information.

Read more at Introducing the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series
MS saw that $70 price tag for the Switch Pro Controller and were:mjgrin:.

I see that damn battery hatch on the back. Don't tell me they're gonna charge $70 for this shyt and not include a rechargeable battery :martin:

Just what I needed to browse nextflix faster. Current controller hurts my hand so I browse slowly.
Real Xbots working with one of these playa
61Pwgq%2B8xeL._SL1300_.jpg

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Resident evil 7 is $45 in the xbox store. Just got that to go along with that super pack last night

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 4 are now backwards compatible. I'm a casual and want a Street Fighter to occasionally play with guests and have an eight year old that I'd like to introduce the series to as well. Which is the better of the two for my intentions?
MvC3 is the more casual game of the 2

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Does sf4 play play more like an updated SF2 though? I've played MvC games and they're flashy and I'm sure there is some good depth to it, but for me it always turns more into a button mash fest when I play it. The the OG characters in SF4 feel like throwbacks to the old days? Because if so, it sounds better than MvC to me.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Does sf4 play play more like an updated SF2 though? I've played MvC games and they're flashy and I'm sure there is some good depth to it, but for me it always turns more into a button mash fest when I play it. The the OG characters in SF4 feel like throwbacks to the old days? Because if so, it sounds better than MvC to me.
SF4 is the better Game but you mentioned wanting to play with your kid

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Introducing the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series

HERO_Controllers-hero.jpg

At Xbox, we’re committed to giving fans choices when it comes to games, services, and devices. Coming in holiday 2017, we’re bringing fans the most powerful console ever: Project Scorpio. Featuring 6 teraflops of graphical processing power, true 4K gaming, and compatibility with Xbox One games and accessories. Plus, later this spring, Xbox Game Pass will launch unlocking over 100 great games with endless play. Today, we’re excited to unveil the new Tech Series of Xbox Wireless Controllers. The first in the series is the Xbox Wireless Controller – Recon Tech Special Edition. This controller will be available for $69.99 USD and will start shipping to retailers worldwide starting April 25.

In developing this new controller series, the Xbox team was inspired by military technology and performance patterns, exploring concepts stemming from combat armor and sci-fi mechanical gear. Premium finishes like a laser etched texture on the front, gold accents and insignia are on the front of the controller. The back of the controller features textured diamond rubberized grip for added control and comfort. This specialized controller also has the same features you know and love of the Xbox Wireless Controller, including improved wireless range and Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 devices or Samsung Gear VR. You can also take advantage of the custom button-mapping feature through the Xbox Accessories App, available for download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store.

image: https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/02_Crop-1.jpg

02_Crop-1.jpg

image: https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/03_Crop.jpg

03_Crop.jpg

A great way to use this new controller on your Xbox One is with Copilot – a new console feature that allows any two Xbox Wireless Controllers act as if they were one. As part of our commitment to enhancing gaming for everyone, Copilot makes Xbox One more inviting and fun for new gamers or those needing assistance — whether it’s parents who want to help their kids play, experienced gamers looking to play with novice players, or gamers who need unique configurations to play (e.g. with hands apart, hand and chin, hand and foot, etc.). The Copilot feature will be available through the Creators Update later this year.

Please visit xbox.com, microsoftstore.com, Microsoft Store or your local retail store for more information.

Read more at Introducing the Xbox Wireless Controller Tech Series
Controller seems like nothing special honestly

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 4 are now backwards compatible. I'm a casual and want a Street Fighter to occasionally play with guests and have an eight year old that I'd like to introduce the series to as well. Which is the better of the two for my intentions?
StreetFighter 4 bruh :handshake:

I see that damn battery hatch on the back. Don't tell me they're gonna charge $70 for this shyt and not include a rechargeable battery :martin:

1.) They have NEVER included a rechargeable battery so why would you EXPECT it now?
When sony controllers die, you buy a new controller. I'd rather do what I"m doing and use the 4pak of rechargeable batteries I bought for $8. Been using them since launch (Nov 2013) so if you still struggling with that then thats a sad sad personal problem :francis:

2.) The proper way to control things is with Kinect :ufdup: I have that remote you posted, its cool, but I never use it because Kinect and the controller combined handle all your needs
SF4 is the better Game but you mentioned wanting to play with your kid
Not sure what you mean exactly..Like, one doesn't have as popular a following? The mans question is which game would be better for him to play with an 8yr old. Marvel vs Capcom isn't a game for an 8yr old bruh :wtf:
If you talking "Oooo0oo, look at the flashy colors" then yeah. But from a gameplay perspective? Too much shyt going on
As much of a gamer you iz be, the one common flaw I've always noticed on this site is how gamers cannot fathom what it would be like to choose a game outside of their own preferences

8yr old, Marvel v Capcom :mjlol:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Lol. I ended up going with SF4. My reasoning was while the characters and animations are cooler with MvC, ultimately SF4 would be more accessible me and my flabby crew, and think it would be easier for my daughter to learn the ropes on a 1v1 fighter. It sounds like MvC is restricted to 3v3 matches and it's nowhere near as balanced as SF4 is. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I feel like I'm at the arcade again :russ:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
StreetFighter 4 bruh :handshake:

1.) They have NEVER included a rechargeable battery so why would you EXPECT it now?
When sony controllers die, you buy a new controller. I'd rather do what I"m doing and use the 4pak of rechargeable batteries I bought for $8. Been using them since launch (Nov 2013) so if you still struggling with that then thats a sad sad personal problem :francis:

2.) The proper way to control things is with Kinect :ufdup: I have that remote you posted, its cool, but I never use it because Kinect and the controller combined handle all your needs

Not sure what you mean exactly..Like, one doesn't have as popular a following? The mans question is which game would be better for him to play with an 8yr old. Marvel vs Capcom isn't a game for an 8yr old bruh :wtf:
If you talking "Oooo0oo, look at the flashy colors" then yeah. But from a gameplay perspective? Too much shyt going on
As much of a gamer you iz be, the one common flaw I've always noticed on this site is how gamers cannot fathom what it would be like to choose a game outside of their own preferences

8yr old, Marvel v Capcom :mjlol:
I said mvc3 because anyone who has played both knows that mvc3 is the easier of the 2 to pick up and play for anyone. If you played both you would know that. He mentioned a kid playing. Of the 2 a kid could pick up mvc3 without ever having played a game and mash away at the controller and have much more fun. I told him SF4 is the better game but if he wanted something specifically for a kid, mvc3 is where it's at. Also, it's worth mentioning that the kid would likely recognize the marvel characters more than just the street fighter characters. Once again you've proven you have no idea what you're talking about.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I got SF4 through Games with Gold sometime ago for 360, any word on if it'll carry over to the 1, or if I'll have to buy it all over again.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

That's A Flat Version Of The Controler, They Do TV Why Not Make A Real TV Remote

edit: Just Found This :banderas: @lil k

PDP - Talon Media Remote for Xbox One - Black

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I said mvc3 because anyone who has played both knows that mvc3 is the easier of the 2 to pick up and play for anyone. If you played both you would know that. He mentioned a kid playing. Of the 2 a kid could pick up mvc3 without ever having played a game and mash away at the controller and have much more fun. I told him SF4 is the better game but if he wanted something specifically for a kid, mvc3 is where it's at. Also, it's worth mentioning that the kid would likely recognize the marvel characters more than just the street fighter characters. Once again you've proven you have no idea what you're talking about.
Do you have kids, I got 5 :ld:
I understand the limited thought process of thinking the button mashing = :gladbron: and it would for a short period of time
A kid at the age of 8 would easily be able to pickup SF4 in its basic form. Enough to where he could have fun games vs his dad
And the game on easy isn't a challenge.

MvC3 an 8yr old most likely isn't gonna evolve past the mash screen, thats the type of game you give to dumbass kids so they can stare at the colors n shyt. Then they'll wanna hog your TV/gaming system to watch spiderman and them colors while he mashes at nothing. Growing up to eventually become fatboi1, I mean, if that is the type of hoe shyt you wanna expose your children too? Do you...
You should already be able to see it on your XB1 menu as ready to download.
Or maybe its not the version that was given to us for free, but you seem to have this so I'll let you cook :troll: