The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
true, but that's not good enough for the competition today. she got what she wanted which was one last appearance on the world stage, but that wasn't a gold performance from her, dude on the third leg had to make up hella ground, she didn't give him a lead to set kennedy up with an insurmountable lead
Paulino is younger and faster than Allyson. Not much she could do.

Team USA didn't put their A-Team forward. Simple as that :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Honestly, Felix was the weakest link. Poor Kennedy. She's going to have nightmares about this.

FXwfl4HUcAE5lWI

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Paulino is younger and faster than Allyson. Not much she could do.

Team USA didn't put their A-Team forward. Simple as that :manny:
i mean who is gonna tell Felix to sit out, especially a mixed relay no one care about, let her get her last run? and we can't put out our best when they're tied to other events

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
i mean who is gonna tell Felix to sit out, especially a mixed relay no one care about, let her get her last run? and we can't put out our best when they're tied to other events
Never said anything about sitting Felix.

Also, your last sentence is exactly why the USA ended up with the bronze. The Netherlands made Femke Bol run in this mixed relay and she almost won them gold in this event (and she has her individual events to run) :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Also, your last sentence is exactly why the USA ended up with the bronze. The Netherlands made Femke Bol run in this mixed relay and she almost won them gold in this event (and she has her individual events to run) :manny:

well new rule as well could only make one sub. And I guess felix was too old to run two 400m in one day

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

these other countries run together to practice for these relays, it is what it is, the US is individualistic. i'm not losing sleep over them losing the mixed relay, i don't think the athletes even care about that event like that. now when we shyt the bed in the m/w 4x1 well that hits different

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
they both were slow vs who they lost against, the men carried that team as much as possible, two better female legs wins it

a 50.15 is faster than what sydney mclaughin ran when the usa brought out that avengers death lineup at tokyo for the womens 4x400

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
well new rule as well could only make one sub. And I guess felix was too old to run two 400m in one day
IIRC, Felix didn't/doesn't have any other events.

these other countries run together to practice for these relays, it is what it is, the US is individualistic. i'm not losing sleep over them losing the mixed relay, i don't think the athletes even care about that event like that. now when we shyt the bed in the m/w 4x1 well that hits different
I'm not losing sleep either. Just making a point.

Anyways, yeah. Team USA men have to step up at these World Championships. Tokyo was embarrassing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
IIRC, Felix didn't/doesn't have any other events.

I'm not losing sleep either. Just making a point.

Anyways, yeah. Team USA men have to step up at these World Championships. Tokyo was embarrassing.

and they should usa athletes are always on this track. A