The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
remember trying to tell everyone that Jacobs winning the Olympics was an anomaly I will bet my account he ain't winning agian. Things are back to normal!
:blessed:

He's been injured for the last month.

With that said it's always about what you run in the final. Too many people like an Asafa Powell have run plenty of quick times all the way up to a championships and then gone missing when it really counts. Also with the World Champs earlier this year than normal the break between the trials and champs are shorter. So it trying not to peak too early especially with the US trials which is the hardest to qualify from in the sprinting events.

Daps
Shoe tech has been revolutionised. Tracks are faster.

Bolt in today's tech would be running 9.4,9.35
They had Andre De Grasse running in Jesse Owens styled shoes, with comparable track metrics, and dude was like "I don't think I've ever felt so tired running 100 meters". He was slower than Owen's time by 7 or 8/10s of a second.

It was on The Nature Of Things a while back.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They had Andre De Grasse running in Jesse Owens styled shoes, with comparable track metrics, and dude was like "I don't think I've ever felt so tired running 100 meters". He was slower than Owen's time by 7 or 8/10s of a second.

It was on The Nature Of Things a while back.
Fascinating!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Didn't matter if wasn't injured, the Olympics because of covid was an anomaly. Many countries that had never been placed before surged!

I remember Asfa Powell has world records, it's not a good comparison. Asfa has a name and does something for himself. Either way, the order has been put back together.

So what you're saying is that everyone who won gold medals last year is a fraud? Or is it just Jacobs? or is it just the people who you dont like beat the people you do like? :mjpls:

What order has been put back together? the World Championships are still 3 weeks away. There is no order you casual. Youre getting gassed off National trials times. :mjlol:

You clearly don't get the Asafa Powell point. Even die hard Jamaican fans will tell this about him. But let me school you on Asafa Powell the best sub 10 sec sprinter in history. He has never NEVER won a individual World or Olympic gold medal. Bu-bu-but he use to have world records. :mjcry: 2008 which was Powells peak where he ran 15 sub 10 sec times. Where did he finish in that years Olympic Final 5th. This is a guy who in 3 Olmypic finals has finished 5th 5th nd 8th. His best ever achievement is a world silver in the 60m indoors. His best in the 100m is 2 bronzes. Bu-bu-but I saw him beat the World Record in some random race in May. :mjcry:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
I just hope USATF gets their shyt together this year
The Olympics last year were embarassing

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
There really ain’t no money in track. You can’t only be good you gotta somehow market yourself too smh

This lady on YouTube was doing track reaction views I thought she was like a former athlete. She's actually a professional still she had the standard to run the 400 at nationals but her contract ran out so she would have had to pay everything out of pocket. They be down bad out here