The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i wonder if she shuts down for the season or she runs again (obviously not lusuanne in 5 days) but zurich the final diamond leagues of the year are in a few weeks.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Hope Shacarri doesn't go out like Lolo Jones, needs to put her head down because social media will amplify this shyt

Sha'Carri wishes she had the career Lolo had. Yeah Lolo was over hyped but she came close to glory on the biggest stage a few times.

Yeah i noticed that too, even before the 100 final in Tokyo Shelly Ann seemed to have more attention

Yeah Shelly is more popular locally and internationally. Part of it is due to being on the scene longer, another part is a better look and personality. I been around Shelly before and she's always super nice. Never been around Elaine but I know someone from her area in Manchester and they say her and her people are a bit difficult. Just rumors tho.

Elaine is 29 tho, she got a few more years at the top and if she can somehow manage to get the 100 or 200 record, and another Olympic gold she'll cement her place as the female sprint GOAT.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

They're pierced:ehh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sha'Carri wishes she had the career Lolo had. Yeah Lolo was over hyped but she came close to glory on the biggest stage a few times.

Yeah Shelly is more popular locally and internationally. Part of it is due to being on the scene longer, another part is a better look and personality. I been around Shelly before and she's always super nice. Never been around Elaine but I know someone from her area in Manchester and they say her and her people are a bit difficult. Just rumors tho.

Elaine is 29 tho, she got a few more years at the top and if she can somehow manage to get the 100 or 200 record, and another Olympic gold she'll cement her place as the female sprint GOAT.

Yeah I've met Shelly and as well Veronica Campbell Brown and her husband both are extremely nice down to earth folks.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn, she was in last last. :russ:

I missed the race live, I'll be sure to catch up on the social media fukkery though. :mjgrin:

Dead last, didn't congratulate anyone and walked off to do an interview and also pulled out of the 200m event
You missed it breh, NBC played her commercial over and over and over again thinking she would have showed up today

:mjlol: