The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With all due respect, outclassed or not. I respect Hassan trying something. Everyone else accepts the inevitable. She is fighting for a solution to an unsolvable riddle. Gotta respect that.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Is it just me, but I don't like when female athletes change their public names when they get married?

Sydney McLaughlin is now Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone. Katie Nageotte is now Katie Moon. So on and so forth.

Just keep your public name the same. Your legal or married name isn't going away, lol.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
With all due respect, outclassed or not. I respect Hassan trying something. Everyone else accepts the inevitable. She is fighting for a solution to an unsolvable riddle. Gotta respect that.

She tried everything when they've raced over the past couple of years and same results. Hassan is just a better runner when she proactive and goes to the front early.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Is it just me, but I don't like when female athletes change their public names when they get married?

Sydney McLaughlin is now Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone. Katie Nageotte is now Katie Moon. So on and so forth.

Just keep your public name the same. Your legal or married name isn't going away, lol.

The husbands are clout chasing :skip:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah, if my wife made a name for herself before we met or got married. I wouldn't mind her keeping her maiden name as her public name.

But that's just my thoughts :hubie:

I know what you mean. Fiona May kept her name even tho she was married and became an Italian citizen.

Keeping your name known by after getting married is more an Entertainment Industry thing than Sports

With SMcL she at that level in the sport where you just say Sydney and you automatically known who is being spoken about.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Btw, this morning Mu, Moraa and Hodgkinson all looked great. Will be a good 800m