The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Says a lot. Don't think Shelly-Ann's consistency and longevity will be touched in the modern era. Woman always showed up when the lights were brightest.

She may not have shone as brightly in terms of peak pure times as some of her rivals, but to do it year in year out at this level for so long certainly puts her in the GOAT female sprinter category for me. I don't think the longevity and consistent success will be replicated.

And I say that grudgingly as I always felt, that at her peak, Elaine Thompson was probably the best female sprinter I ever saw, inclusive of Flo Jo.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Says a lot. Don't think Shelly-Ann's consistency and longevity will be touched in the modern era. Woman always showed up when the lights were brightest.

She may not have shone as brightly in terms of peak pure times as some of her rivals, but to do it year in year out at this level for so long certainly puts her in the GOAT female sprinter category for me. I don't think the longevity and consistent success will be replicated.

And I say that grudgingly as I always felt, that at her peak, Elaine Thompson was probably the best female sprinter I ever saw, inclusive of Flo Jo.

Yeah Elaine at her peak IMO the fastest, Gail Devers and Marion Jones(don't really count her tho) were pretty good.

Shelly is a bit hurt tho so her start wasn't the best, maybe she has a couple years left in her, we'll see. But honestly everything depends on Elaine, if she makes the changes she needs to make she'll be back on top.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amusan did a Christian Coleman and got away with it?