The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

Suzie

Pro
Daps
You don't need to have fully fast guys, like I said canada has been running out the same guys for awhile

relay1.jpg

2021 only one change

SH_20210806_5886.jpg

2022 same guys

HNBQZJRDFZMK7LERFXKLUBXCLA.jpg

it becomes like second nature on handoffs

us keeps rotating and rotating and rotating
It’s about getting that baton around

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That’s how you feel. There’s many people who don’t care about track. Like I said, pretty isn’t a calling card and she’s bland.
If she opens up, shows her personality and is charismatic then she can blow up. ShaCarri is charismatic water you like her or not.
And like I said, plenty of athletes are household names with no personality or without being particularly charismatic . i don’t care about tennis and I don’t think Serena is particularly interesting but I respect what she’s accomplished and the media has made you know her as the face of the sport. Simone Biles ain’t interesting either but the media made you know her and no one cares about gymnastics outside of the Olympics. Michael Phelps ain’t making you roll over laughing and again, no one cares about his sport outside of every four years yet he became a household name. theres nothing that boring about sydney that makes her less marketable than these other people :heh:

you do not need to be shacarri to get noticed, and shacarri isn’t charismatic, she’s provocative, two very different things. I don’t have an issue with her at all, but that’s clearly not the only blueprint to being known in lesser known sports

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
And like I said, plenty of athletes are household names with no personality or without being particularly charismatic . i don’t care about tennis and I don’t think Serena is particularly interesting but I respect what she’s accomplished and the media has made you know her as the face of the sport. Simone Biles ain’t interesting either but the media made you know her and no one cares about gymnastics outside of the Olympics. Michael Phelps ain’t making you roll over laughing and again, no one cares about his sport outside of every four years yet he became a household name. theres nothing that boring about her that makes her less marketable than these other people :heh:

you do not need to be shacarri to get noticed, and shacarri isn’t charismatic, she’s provocative, two very different things. I don’t have an issue with her at all, but that’s clearly not the only blueprint to being known in lesser known sports

since sha'carri has been hyped up she has missed the olympics and the world championships. And the way these us women are running she may miss the world championships again next year

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
since sha'carri has been hyped up she has missed the olympics and the world championships. And the way these us women are running she may miss the world championships again next year
Exactly, shacarri was pushed because she ran a crazy time in an event we hold in the highest regard, she just also happens to have a loud personality. Shacarri is not going to be more than twitter famous if she continues to perform how she has, personality or not. Let Sydney have been a 100 runner with the same level of dominance she’s had in the 400 hurdles, her “boring” ass would’ve been all over Nike commercials and twitter as well just based on the profile of the event.

bolt had personality/showmanship AND dominated the premier event, that’s rare. Bolt as a 400m hurdler or 1500 runner just wouldn’t be the same celebrity

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Abby Steiner - The Great White PAWG came through clutch! :ehh:

Shericka Jackson is insane. Nothing else to say :picard:

Damn, Elaine definitely has to give her husband the deavors, outside of her individual 100, she’s been beyond disappointing. That split might be the fire she needs, i know Jamaican women are even worse than american black women when it comes to not wanting to take an L to a white woman lol

edit: just looking at this, can’t be too mad at Elaine, they had some bad handoffs and Steiner got the second best time out the 8 :ehh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Exactly, shacarri was pushed because she ran a crazy time in an event we hold in the highest regard, she just also happens to have a loud personality. Shacarri is not going to be more than twitter famous if she continues to perform how she has, personality or not. Let Sydney have been a 100 runner with the same level of dominance she’s had in the 400 hurdles, her “boring” ass would’ve been all over Nike commercials and twitter as well just based on the profile of the event.

bolt had personality/showmanship AND dominated the premier event, that’s rare. Bolt as a 400m hurdler or 1500 runner just wouldn’t be the same celebrity

yup the 100m and then 200m are the sexy events so to speak. Sha'carri can't even run under 22 in the 200m so yeah

But I remember as well the media made sha'carri like the big bad threat to the jamaicans and even when she was disqualified they had her on good morning america or whatever nbc mornign show is apologizing.

NBC can easily or could have elevated this as well. Have sydney, athing mu, kerley on the tonight show with jimmy fallon, have them on nbc morning show last week leading up to these events.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn, Elaine definitely has to give her husband the deavors, outside of her individual 100, she’s been beyond disappointing. That split might be the fire she needs, i know Jamaican women are even worse than american black women when it comes to not wanting to take an L to a white woman lol

well its still kind of kemba fault, elaine had to slow down and start again because of that horrible pass of the baton. Kemba was slow and it cost the jamaicans

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Don’t matter the year, don’t matter the participants us and these handoff’s :francis:

The upset in the w 4x100:takedat: