The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all nikkas wylin in here with the doom and gloom about the city :mjlol:

Like all major cities in the world, there’s obviously an economic downturn and massive negative impacts to local/small businesses but how many of you nikkas actually live downtown? :stopitslime:

As much as some local businesses and restaurants are closing, I’ve noticed a ton of restaurants and other businesses opening up as well. Many businesses were on its last legs and this put them over the top... but cities go through booms and busts and slow down in growth. Toronto has been growing exponentially over the past 20 years, it’s just slowing down for a year or two but that doesn’t mean shyt in the grand scheme of a city’s growth over a century. Toronto is the economic hub and cultural Center of Canada and still the most attractive city for people to live. Folks rushing out to the burbs buying into bubbles in fukking Whitby and Peterborough :russ: That’s where you find all your Walmart’s and strip malls. A nikka can’t even get a haircut out there :mjlol:
Y’all can go. I’ll die in my city :blessed:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Y’all nikkas wylin in here with the doom and gloom about the city :mjlol:

Like all major cities in the world, there’s obviously an economic downturn and massive negative impacts to local/small businesses but how many of you nikkas actually live downtown? :stopitslime:

As much as some local businesses and restaurants are closing, I’ve noticed a ton of restaurants and other businesses opening up as well. Many businesses were on its last legs and this put them over the top... but cities go through booms and busts and slow down in growth. Toronto has been growing exponentially over the past 20 years, it’s just slowing down for a year or two but that doesn’t mean shyt in the grand scheme of a city’s growth over a century. Toronto is the economic hub and cultural Center of Canada and still the most attractive city for people to live. Folks rushing out to the burbs buying into bubbles in fukking Whitby and Peterborough :russ: That’s where you find all your Walmart’s and strip malls. A nikka can’t even get a haircut out there :mjlol:
Y’all can go. I’ll die in my city :blessed:

LividNippyArabianoryx-small.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Toronto restaurants that have shut down since march

— Big Sushi in the Annex
— Live Organic Food Bar
— The Puck
— Universal Grill
— Shore Leave Tiki Bar
— The Red Light
— The Six Brewhouse
— True Love Cafe
— Marché Mövenpick Toronto (all locations)
— Prairie Girl Bakery (PATH First Canadian Place)
— Supernova Ballroom
— BB’s Diner
— Moo Frites in Kensington Market
— White Brick Kitchen
— Brickyard Bistro
— Flying Pony
— Yummy House
–The Dock
— Il Gatto Nero
— Ama Always
— Butter Avenue
— Cafe Crepe
— Cauldron Ice Cream
— Clove Apple Cafe
— Jules Bistro
— Plentea
— Poutini’s
–Yeon
— Roselle (Queen location)
— Riverside
— Lucky Star
— The Westerly
— Scallywags
— Golden Thai
— Hogtown Smoke
— True True Diner
— Brother’s Food and Wine
— Sorelle & Co. (Yorkville and Vaughn)
— Labothéry (all locations)
— Tucker’s Marketplace (all Canadian locations)
— JJ Bean (all Toronto locations; Eglinton, Adelaide, Bartley)
–Dave’s,
— Moog Audio
— Crocodile Rock bar
— Pappas Grill, Danforth Ave.,
— Dufflet Pastries
— Prohibition bar and restaurant,
-Vesuvio Pizza,
-Green Beanery,
–Il Gatto Nero shut its College St. location in mid-May after 61 years in business.
— LeTAO, occupying the former Caplansky Deli location on College St., was evicted by its landlord in May after owing nearly $35,000 in rent.
— Luci, an Etobicoke restaurant, closed after nine years.
— Nando’s on Danforth Ave., closed and subsequently announced it was pulling all 21 locations across Canada.
— NishDish, an Indigenous cafe on Bloor St. W., announced it was closing after three years of business.
— The Puck Annex sports bar was evicted by landlord in mid-April.
— Southern Accent announced in early May it was closing after nearly 40 years in business.
— The Hideout music venue shuttered on Queen St. W. after 13 years in business.
— The Westerly brunch spot on Roncesvalles Ave.
— Underground Garage and Tokyo Hot Fried Chicken
— Wayne Gretzky’s

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps