Daps
Reppin
Toronto
talk that talk breh:salute:

useless deflection talk :mjlol:

yes it's the Mayors fault gun crime is up and won't quit

the lengths brehs will go to duck responsibility

jesus christ :laff:

fukk all that goofy shyt. we need parks and more quality of life upgrades. the mayor doesn't make crime legislation. But when he gets the premier of the feds to step up pressure we will see the reversal of these scapegoating narratives.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
useless deflection talk :mjlol:

yes it's the Mayors fault gun crime is up and won't quit

the lengths brehs will go to duck responsibility

jesus christ :laff:
sad to say if the music industry didn't make it seem like this is the only way brehs can live affluently this wouldn't be as bad here. blame the gate keepers sponsoring drill rap culture. i promise they don't look like us.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
sad to say if the music industry didn't make it seem like this is the only way brehs can live affluently this wouldn't be as bad here. blame the gate keepers sponsoring drill rap culture. i promise they don't look like us.
there's no "industry" to speak of for a Toronto drill rapper. You have youtube and stream platforms no tours and no career platforms outside the internet. these nikkaz emulate chicago nikkaz who were also not in the industry. there's little gatekeeping online, the music is straight on demand from consumer, no radio in betweens or even labels most of the time. I can't in good conscience support the idea that this is something else that "was done to us" we did this and people need to stop running from that to deal with the crisis. the artists and the fans are pulling the strings

for the better part of more than a decade now nobody gets signed without a movement meaning buzz and following. that's been the way the internet changed the game and took control away from the gatekeepers. we can't fall back on talking about people dictating the sound and look of music from the industry when they are constantly playing catch up. Toronto drill is not industry made. that is a convenient narrative to soothe a guilty conscience.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
there's no "industry" to speak of for a Toronto drill rapper. You have youtube and stream platforms no tours and no career platforms outside the internet. these nikkaz emulate chicago nikkaz who were also not in the industry. there's little gatekeeping online, the music is straight on demand from consumer, no radio in betweens or even labels most of the time. I can't in good conscience support the idea that this is something else that "was done to us" we did this and people need to stop running from that to deal with the crisis. the artists and the fans are pulling the strings

for the better part of more than a decade now nobody gets signed without a movement meaning buzz and following. that's been the way the internet changed the game and took control away from the gatekeepers. we can't fall back on talking about people dictating the sound and look of music from the industry when they are constantly playing catch up. Toronto drill is not industry made. that is a convenient narrative to soothe a guilty conscience.
okay. you make valid points. i'm talking about the perception that, it's only that lane for black men raised in poverty that's available to them to use and flourish financially in. it's also an internalized culture in the street from the dumbest of our youth to think that's how they need to be for some level of acceptance. unchecked wickedness, violence and perversion in the music has a demonstrable weight in the minds and actions of some (again, the least wise) of the youth in poverty. and i will say the music lauded stateside which we (youths) consume and internalize is at least in-part to blame. but clearly the broader issue is the social engineering that says black neighbourhoods don't deserve real economic assistance. given a viable option to earn a decent wage a majority of these lil nikkas aren't engaging in life threatening behaviour. life would be too sweet to just throw away over a bullshyt neighbourhood.

love is love scholar. peace.