The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
part of it not the no nursing portion.

But yeah my mom is a nurse and was offered double OT today , it's real bad out there but blame Dougie Ford etc.

RPns start off at 28 and max out at 32 for all that stress for a max 62,000 a year?

Even rns a brand new rn starts out at 34cdn and the max they can get which takes 25 years to reach is -
RN Salary Grid (Full-time): • Effective April 1, 2022: $34.24 to $49.02

aYqyvfz.png

most cops in ontario make like 100k which is a joke. RN Nurses should start at like 40 just under 80k a year and after 5 years be at 100k IMO

RPNS should start at 35 and have a max of 40

nurses can get a job anywhere, can go to the states and get a 20-30k sign on bonus and make more money usd for less hours

Damn. I wonder what Premier capped nurses pay in the middle of a global health crisis

:yeshrug:

The people wanted Ford. This is just one of the consequences. The Ontarian electorate is just too myopic to understand how they’re hurting their future.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn. I wonder what Premier capped nurses pay in the middle of a global health crisis

The people wanted Ford. This is just one of the consequences. The Ontarian electorate is just too myopic to understand how they’re hurting their future.

I work in healthcare if I never got a new job my raise would have been 1.3 percent :heh:

Only directors got a 4-5 percent raise

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

The thing is struggling to get new nurses and older nurses retiring

Really the only fix is raiding other countries for internationally trained nurses. Having a quick program set up where they can be certified instead of having to go to school like a newbie.

Imagine being a brand new rn working in emerge making 34 a hour

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i work at one of the biggest hospital networks in the city
56 FT/PT nurses have left in the past 3 months

literally impossible to replace

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Btw not saying 34 a hour is bad money just that the things nurses have to do. 12 hour shifts constantly on their feet, lifting patients, needle pricks, being abused and assaulted.

I’d rather work for 20 a hour and do Uber eats on the side and have peace of mind

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The other thing as well is. You go to your family doctor suffering from day headaches to get a ct scan you can be waiting months now. But if you go to emerge you may have to wait all day but you’ll get that ct scan at least

Wouldn’t be shocked if privatized healthcare sneaks in here

And there will be the haves and haves nots