The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why are they talking about schools in june :gucci:...2 weeks left of school

just do a last moment gathering for sr and keep it moving..

set up camping's and sport activities for the summer

Its not a regular school year breh, little kids have lost half a year of in person schooling. Elementary school kids develop through social interaction, they havent had sports, recess, nothing.

Plus how many immigrant kids do you think will be going to full time summer camps like those from wealthier families? I have zero confidence in this Governments ability to set up alternative activities on the fly.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why are they talking about schools in june :gucci:...2 weeks left of school

just do a last moment gathering for sr and keep it moving..

set up camping's and sport activities for the summer

I'm not understanding what the big deal is with this. There's less than a month left of school. Cancel it and move on to other more pressing shyt.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
leafs lost once again

this is the toronto i remember:blessed:

I went into the toronto subreddit today out of pure boredom and goddamn those guys are weird asf

Oh and raptors run this city
This was the Leafs chance to put some distance between them and the Raptors as the #1 team in the city and they completely blew it. :mjlol:

It's nuts the amount of ground Basketball has closed on hockey Hockey over the years 10 years here.

Was Rob Ford any good?

You could die in Etobicoke for even suggesting this. :ufdup:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yea, was thinking about that. Netflix gotta offer more if they're increasing prices. I'm cutting the cord though so might have to stay.

IPTV and Plex

iptv can get every channel all over the world for like 10 usd
plex or emby another 6-10 and can get every tv show/movie

all you need is a firestick 4k

i only have netflix for my nieces and nephew

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I'm not understanding what the big deal is with this. There's less than a month left of school. Cancel it and move on to other more pressing shyt.

It sucks for parents, but yeah he was selling a pipe dream. I don't understand why people didn't see it. It's the end of the school year. If they did it weeks ago, sure. But there's a little over two weeks left. They take a week to prep for the return of school like the last time they reopened, spend money to reopen and then only have a week of school left? Doug Ford is cheap as hell, he was never going to do that for a week of school.

He's going to make all sorts of announcements about school improvements in the summer, reopen schools in the fall and then say "see, schools are okay now! your kids don't even have to wear masks!" and his dumb voting base will love him again

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It sucks for parents, but yeah he was selling a pipe dream. I don't understand why people didn't see it. It's the end of the school year. If they did it weeks ago, sure. But there's a little over two weeks left. They take a week to prep for the return of school like the last time they reopened, spend money to reopen and then only have a week of school left? Doug Ford is cheap as hell, he was never going to do that for a week of school.

He's going to make all sorts of announcements about school improvements in the summer, reopen schools in the fall and then say "see, schools are okay now! your kids don't even have to wear masks!" and his dumb voting base will love him again

pretty much
its actually for the best, i remember going to summer school back in the day and it sucked when I had to go to a school that wasn't in my area.

Now kids can eat sort off

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
pretty much
its actually for the best, i remember going to summer school back in the day and it sucked when I had to go to a school that wasn't in my area.

Now kids can eat sort off

Yeah man most of us in this thread are far away from our elementary school days but I hated school in the summer months. No AC, hot as fukk. Now you gotta tell your kids to go back to school in a hot ass school, with a mask on. Temperatures are gonna be in the 30s next week. Imagine being in a portable in that weather. I worked as a teacher's assistant for two years at two different TDSB elementary schools and the actual teachers didn't even want to work in the summer months (mostly white women btw), they basically had enough. I don't have kids, but I wouldn't want to send my kids back to that.

Let them go back in the fall when they can actually hang out with their friends and not worry about anything

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Its not a regular school year breh, little kids have lost half a year of in person schooling. Elementary school kids develop through social interaction, they havent had sports, recess, nothing.

Plus how many immigrant kids do you think will be going to full time summer camps like those from wealthier families? I have zero confidence in this Governments ability to set up alternative activities on the fly.
thats valid. i wish they opened early may

:wow: what a disaster...

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Canadians don't seem to care which is why we are seeing all these restrictions. We only seem to care about housing. We should have been out in the streets the way Ontario handled the pandemic.
breh you missed a crucial piece in all this.

Canadians don't have guns. Let us have a 2nd amendment up here shyt would change VERRRRY quickly.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
second dose got moved up

upload_2021-6-2_16-59-42.png

:mjlit:

giphy.gif