Votes: 26 14.2%
  • other

Votes: 27 14.8%

• Total voters

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Osaka's backhand down the line at 4-1 30-15 that she netted was the pivot point.

I think there was one other strike she netted at 5-3 30 all where she had the courtopen as well. But that backhand was a clear penalty shootout.

EDIT : 4-1 Ad for double break

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Osaka's backhand down the line at 4-1 30-15 that she netted was the pivot point.

I think there was one other strike she netted at 5-3 30 all where she had the courtopen as well. But that backhand was a clear penalty shootout.

Absolutely was. Wish she would have won. Probably the battle Iga needed NOW so she can be ready when she face the top dawgs next week

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Damn Osaka almost had it but she back she making herself get back into it :whew: just keep on climbing she gon be dominating them soon

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely was. Wish she would have won. Probably the battle Iga needed NOW so she can be ready when she face the top dawgs next week
I made a mistake, it was actually 4-1 Ad and she could have gotten a double break.

I just rewatched the end I take what I said back. The second shot was actually worse. 5-3 30-15 on her serve, she netted a down the line forehand while she was well inside the court and Iga was on the back foot. She had her match point after that but 5-3 40-15 is a far better position than 5-3 Ad.

I feel she was mentally locked in a strike out contest and just couldnt imagine a drop shot. A shame because it was there but overall she showed she could be soon back to her GS winner level.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Naomi rn

Best-Dennis-Green-Rules.jpg

Why I fukk wit Ons & Muchova so much

Even Sabalenka has started adding that into her game

Sabalenka had some real nice drop shots in Madrid and Roma; she's really done well to add those off speed shots to complement her power

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
She’s done. And I mean career wise

Respectfully, I'm one of Naomi's harshest critics but the only way you'd make that conclusion is if you didn't watch her today. On her worst surface, she somehow managed to get a match point against the #1 player in the world at her best tournament. Naomi hasn't looked that good since 2021 AO. She got nothing to be ashamed about today.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Respectfully, I'm one of Naomi's harshest critics but the only way you'd make that conclusion is if you didn't watch her today. On her worst surface, she somehow managed to get a match point against the #1 player in the world at her best tournament. Naomi hasn't looked that good since 2021 AO. She got nothing to be ashamed about today.

I feel you breh and I rock with Naomi but I think the best years are behind her. She worked her ass off today but that’s not cutting it. When Serena had that meltdown against her at the US Open it was like an armored car driving by and a bag of $ fell out — and that was Naomi’s come up.

Fact that she’s not ripping thru a weaker era in women’s tennis is glaring. Mentally she’s just not there most of the time and likes what comes with fame but hates the attention; even speaking up feels like torture to her. But brands see/saw her as marketable and everyone got paid. That’s fine.

Would rather roll the dice comfortably on Coco long term to have the better career. Naomi made her money, has her baby and a good life. Can’t ask for anything more.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This isn't prime Nadal. This is Nadal coming off a year out basically and playing against the 4th seed who is on form.

Nadal is basically done. Probably retiring at the Olympics since it’s in Paris and on clay. He showed signs yesterday that he can still compete at a high level at times but lack of match play over the last two years did em in

The Flab Reaper spares nobody :flabbynsick:

:mjcry:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I feel you breh and I rock with Naomi but I think the best years are behind her. She worked her ass off today but that’s not cutting it. When Serena had that meltdown against her at the US Open it was like an armored car driving by and a bag of $ fell out — and that was Naomi’s come up.

Fact that she’s not ripping thru a weaker era in women’s tennis is glaring. Mentally she’s just not there most of the time and likes what comes with fame but hates the attention; even speaking up feels like torture to her. But brands see/saw her as marketable and everyone got paid. That’s fine.

Would rather roll the dice comfortably on Coco long term to have the better career. Naomi made her money, has her baby and a good life. Can’t ask for anything more.

TBH I been kind of skeptical on her comeback too, but this is still an oddly pessimistic take coming off today's performance

People were saying Iga was gonna run through the draw like Sabalenka did at Melbourne a few months ago, and Naomi had her on the ropes ... That's a pretty good account of herself at this stage :ehh: