The Official Team USA Basketball Thread: Going For The Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag2011

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Full article: Kobe Bryant the most interesting man in the world?

LONDON – LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world.

But the world's most popular NBA player? That belongs to Kobe Bryant.

It's revealed in anecdotal evidence. At the U.S. men's introductory Olympic news conference in London on July 27, Bryant drew more attention from international journalists than any other U.S. player.

It's obvious during Team USA introductions before Olympic games when Bryant, who has spent his 16-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers, receives the loudest ovation.

There is tangible evidence to his worldwide popularity. For the sixth consecutive year, his jersey was the top seller in China, and when the NBA released its first list of top-selling international jerseys in June, Bryant's name was atop that list, too.

"In Asia, everything came to a head at the last Olympics (2008 in Beijing)," Bryant said. "In Europe last summer, we did a nice tour with Nike. The response was more than what we expected. At those two points, that's when we realized how big it is."

Bryant, 33, can't explain his global popularity.

"I don't know why," he said. "I have a hard time putting my finger on it."

But it's certainly there. At Wednesday's afternoon quarterfinals session, which did not include the U.S. team, about a dozen Kobe Bryant jerseys were spotted, including two guys sitting next to each other, one wearing a home jersey, the other a road. Mathieu Dufrenne, 26 of France bought his home jersey four years ago.

"In France, it's quite difficult to see the games, but you can see summaries of the games, and the best actions of the night always show Kobe Bryant, and it's been like that for years. Everybody knows Kobe Bryant," Dufrenne said.

When Dufrenne purchased his quarterfinal tickets, he didn't know which teams he would get to see. He will get to see France play Spain.

"Either way, I was going to see France or Kobe Bryant," he said.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Kobe should just take Nate Mcmillan's coaching spot on the bench

at this point i don't think anyone would notice the difference

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
pre-game Kobe text to Serena: watch my game ma :smile: this one is for you...what are you doing later tonight?

Serena texts back during the game: :usure:

:what:

kobe stannery getting to point that people are mentally contructing mac scenarios in their heads about kobe and another woman. What happened to dudes inserting themselves into these fantasies.

:ahh:i bet kobe would start out kissing the back of her neck softly

:what:
:dead:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
What Bron sees on the court.

MatrixCode.gif

that would be a great concept for a commercial for him

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
All this Kobe bashing gone backfire. He'll come out and have a great half. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach K run the first couple of sets for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.