The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Hilarious cuz i dont have it but i have seen panini quality control this year esp in optic is really poor....some of the cards are just horrible off centered,would you be able to get retribution from panini on that card ?
shyt, they better. There isn't even any peeling on the card from whatever adhesive they were supposed to use for the bars. It's like they just set the bars in and didn't attach them with anything. What a joke.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@Codeine Bryant @Miggs look at this quality control for Impeccable. :bryan:

H4Jd3Nfh.jpg

1dfad23ce3f5cb0419e37aec70ea8923.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Impeccable silver bar JA MORANTRC EBAY 1/1 15/15 troy OZ ERRORCARD POSSIBLE 1/1 | eBay
:mindblown:

This year's Prizm was absolutely horrendous at centering. Almost like they did it intentionally to keep Gem Mint pop low...

That Impeccable QC is unfathomable. How do you let the signature "hits" of your product end up like that. My goodness...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That youtuber PSA Collector is a fukkn bum and I would never follow advice from someone with a literal neckbeard.

I've only.been back into this less than 2 years and I give better advice then all these lifelong beer gut having "hobbyists"

Any dummy who says u should only invest in a player who's played for 10 years is a literal dummy...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That youtuber PSA Collector is a fukkn bum and I would never follow advice from someone with a literal neckbeard.

I've only.been back into this less than 2 years and I give better advice then all these lifelong beer gut having "hobbyists"

Any dummy who says u should only invest in a player who's played for 10 years is a literal dummy...
I love cards but so many in the community are fukking trash.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I love cards but so many in the community are fukking trash.

Why isnt BCCG grading recognized like PSA ? Theres alot of cards ive hesitated on because theyre BCCG 10s and i know they dont have the same value...not 1 BCCG 10 have i ever seen that didnt look Gem mint...and it is technically Beckett.

I hate the fact 2 companies have the grading market completely cornered,and one of them (PSA) has so many shady ex employees...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Why isnt BCCG grading recognized like PSA ? Theres alot of cards ive hesitated on because theyre BCCG 10s and i know they dont have the same value...not 1 BCCG 10 have i ever seen that didnt look Gem mint...and it is technically Beckett.
It's their lower class service. Cheaper and likely to cross at least 1.5 lower with BGS than whatever BCCG gave it. They let a lot of shyt through.

Definitely wouldn't buy anything higher end in a BCCG label. It's in there for a reason instead of BGS or PSA.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It's their lower class service. Cheaper and likely to cross at least 1.5 lower with BGS than whatever BCCG gave it. They let a lot of shyt through.

Definitely wouldn't buy anything higher end in a BCCG label. It's in there for a reason instead of BGS or PSA.

and yet we know on the record PSA has done the same shyt,allowed altered lower grade cards to slide thru and get re graded PSA 10...and nothing happens to there rep...this company is in bed with alot of the scammers in the hobby and they still have this aura of high end...

So im basically mad i cant scoop up some shyt BCCG at a discount and hold a similar value.

Me,you and Codeine need to start a grading business.. Coli grading services. CGS We'll cater to newer hobbyists not caught up into the current 2 party racket and we advertise that we arent in bed with scammers and wont re grade or grade altered product,graders to the younger generation of enthusiasts who are young and sexy..sheeeeit let me work on the logo.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
and yet we know on the record PSA has done the same shyt,allowed altered lower grade cards to slide thru and get re graded PSA 10...and nothing happens to there rep...this company is in bed with alot of the scammers in the hobby and they still have this aura of high end...

So im basically mad i cant scoop up some shyt BCCG at a discount and hold a similar value.

Me,you and Codeine need to start a grading business.. Coli grading services. CGS We'll cater to newer hobbyists not caught up into the current 2 party racket and we advertise that we arent in bed with scammers and wont re grade or grade altered product..sheeeeit let me work on the logo.
Recent modern cards you might be safe with BCCG and crossing it (after cracking). Older cards, no way. Likely legit BGS/PSA 7-8.5. Think the worst of PSA/BGS but letting even more slide.

I don't follow SGC's prices but they're generally respected.

I wish there was another option but BGS and PSA are too engrained for anyone else to come through, imo. :francis:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
^ another hobby pet peeve of mine,the over inflated prices of recent inserts...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
^ another hobby pet peeve of mine,the over inflated prices of recent inserts...
It's mainly LeBron. All his shyt is through the roof right now. His High Voltage goes for $80-100+ raw; Giannis is $10-20. It's insane.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It's mainly LeBron. All his shyt is through the roof right now. His High Voltage goes for $80-100+ raw; Giannis is $10-20. It's insane.

Theres ppl asking 350-400 for them and i dont believe they wont sell....Lebron optic inserts last year sold for ridiculously high prices ungraded.Lets not forget were taking about Hoops here not Prizm or Optic,a hoops insert is getting hundreds of dollars now.Hoops/Donruss was supposed to be the dollar tree option.

....Kobe 90s inserts sell for more than his rookie cards lol...

Ken Griffey 90s inserts sell for more than his UD rookie cards...

I think its stupid but thats what it is:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Theres ppl asking 350-400 for them and i dont believe they wont sell....Lebron optic inserts last year sold for ridiculously high prices ungraded.Lets not forget were taking about Hoops here not Prizm or Optic,a hoops insert is getting hundreds of dollars now.Hoops/Donruss was supposed to be the dollar tree option.

....Kobe 90s inserts sell for more than his rookie cards lol...

Ken Griffey 90s inserts sell for more than his UD rookie cards...

I think its stupid but thats what it is:yeshrug:
Rare cards generally sell for more. I'd much rather have a Jambalaya than a Topps Chrome RC.