Siempre Fresco
Daps
fpu82.gif

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yo.

First off, I feel dude. There aren't really too many black people in my field either.... Just a whole but of foreigners and CACCas. disgusting.

However, this dude is a millionaire. I can pay my bills (n BM's bills) but I'm stuck in the Matrix of the American economy so I might as well be poor... Plus collectively my people r some of the most lost and broke on the planet.

Basically this dude needs to follow up- all his repeated stories of going outside the box of a typical black career paths - with a reason why his career is out side our box in the first place.

It certainly has nothing to do with black youth interests in science and math. Black kids in elementary schools express desires that are crushed by the time they're in middle school.

We gave the world science, technology, and most of it's advancements --- so it's not surprising that the most popular scientist in America would be black. However, We are not groomed, as a people, to go into luxury career fields w no guarantee of success. IF you're one of the intelligent people from the hood or black middle class, you're expected to go out there graduate, get money. Not pursue your niche interest like Astronomy.

Plus this society isn't for us. It just seems that way because we are popular in reality tv shows, sports, and music... but this sh1t was never meant for us- outside of entertainment. Because of that, lil black kids need role models. Neil Tyson said that he has no role models to tell him what to do growing up. Well this n1gga is a genius w a strong personality. black kids need role models because history has created environments that are counter-productive to mental development and outside the box thinking. We go into fields that we know of and we want out brightest to go into money making careers so that they can eventually contribute back to our communities.

Just saying.. The three things that interest him are the universe, PETA, and white girls. I'm not one of those people that think that black millionaires have not obligation to the black community.