The Official Parent Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
For those with kids, let's talk about it.

I got a 5 year old daughter. She's putting the pressure on me and the wife to get her a trampoline for her and her friends in the backyard for Christmas. I think ima do it.

After 5 years, I'm still amazed I'm someone's parent. It's dope seeing her grow everyday.

Whats those Christmas gift requests looking like?

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
I'd advise you take her Skyzone, Urban Air, or whatever trampoline company is near you. That will be way cheaper and more fun.

As for the wish lists, the cost is nothing compared to buying them a car and paying insurance.

:mjcry:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a trampoline in the backyard. It was used about 10 times in a year. Cleaning it is a bytch because of the leaves. The grass under is basically gone. I don’t recommend.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My 2 year old just wants to watch gracies corner and play with play doh. Lol. Currently trying to teach her ABC's. She can count to 10 and can say a lot of words already. I'm trying to teach her to verbalize what she wants instead of pointing and crying.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trampolines are garbage breh. They get used minimally at best and they fuk up the grass. They aren’t safe even with the net.
Rent one and get it over with and get rid of it.
Lol very true. My neighbor got one for his daughter and she's only used it a handful of times. Its just taking up space at this point.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
My 2 year old just wants to watch gracies corner and play with play doh. Lol. Currently trying to teach her ABC's. She can count to 10 and can say a lot of words already. I'm trying to teach her to verbalize what she wants instead of pointing and crying.
2-3 was kinda rough with my kid. Temper tantrums were crazy at times, especially when it was time to leave the playground. If you can, try and put your child o try to teach her another language. Currently my kid in a Spanish class, and she's picking it up.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2-3 was kinda rough with my kid. Temper tantrums were crazy at times, especially when it was time to leave the playground. If you can, try and put your child o try to teach her another language. Currently my kid in a Spanish class, and she's picking it up.
Thanks for the suggestion. May have her take up spanish at 3. Right now she she's learning her numbers. Trying to get her to verbalize what she wants instead of pointing and crying at it. Those temper tantrums are no joke. She had a breakdown at the restaurant today and i take to take her outside to calm her down.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
It's that time of year where my wife's family starts inviting themselves over to "see my daughter" and every conversation I'm having with my daughter, they feel the need to jump in and try something to entertain her then she just shuts down, and they just keep trying. When she doesn't feel like talking to them they keep saying she musts be tired which annoys the shyt outta her. Worst part is they keep leaving lights and the TV when going to sleep. Pisses me the fuk off.

I'm about to start hiding tvs and blocking light switches in the rooms they sleep in.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
As for the wish lists, the cost is nothing compared to buying them a car and paying insurance.
Getting ready for that next March. I promised him if he kept his grades right for his Jr year, he'll go into his Sr year with a car. I'm getting a Tesla this summer, so I'm probably going to give him my 2017 CT6. Just a little nervous about getting him a vehicle.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Any brehs got any experience with taking a kid on a plane? Son in 2 and I wanna take a trip to LA. 4 hours…

Know he has his tantrums and gets irritable. Is it manageable? :mjgrin:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Any brehs got any experience with taking a kid on a plane? Son in 2 and I wanna take a trip to LA. 4 hours…

Know he has his tantrums and gets irritable. Is it manageable? :mjgrin:
Bring a lot of wipes because he will want to touch everything and he will def be trying to keep moving around. Might be best for you to have a drink in order to remain calm to deal with it. Also everytime I've traveled west to Cali or Vegas, it's always been turbulence in the west.
High possibility that the ride will be hell because of ya kid not being able to stay still, but the fact that you don't have to pay for a seat at his age kinda makes up for it.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Bring a lot of wipes because he will want to touch everything and he will def be trying to keep moving around. Might be best for you to have a drink in order to remain calm to deal with it. Also everytime I've traveled west to Cali or Vegas, it's always been turbulence in the west.
High possibility that the ride will be hell because of ya kid not being able to stay still, but the fact that you don't have to pay for a seat at his age kinda makes up for it.

Thanks breh. I’m hesitant to take the trip because of how he gets. Think I should be able to make it work.