Essential The Official NXT Discussion Thread 2.0

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Gargano is in a weird spot. He's been in the main event of what feels like the last 3 years of Takeovers and it's time to move on, but he's going to rot with a call up and be a smarmy heel no one cares about within a year like Sami Zayn. I believe his Evolve run went pretty much the same way where he was in the main events for SO long.

He's done everything he possibly can do in NXT: Tag titles, mid card title, big title, mixed tag stuff with Candice, heel turn, multiple long term story arcs and feuds, gimmick matches....it's time for Johnny to leave NXT.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Gargano is in a weird spot. He's been in the main event of what feels like the last 3 years of Takeovers and it's time to move on, but he's going to rot with a call up and be a smarmy heel no one cares about within a year like Sami Zayn. I believe his Evolve run went pretty much the same way where he was in the main events for SO long.

He's done everything he possibly can do in NXT: Tag titles, mid card title, big title, mixed tag stuff with Candice, heel turn, multiple long term story arcs and feuds, gimmick matches....it's time for Johnny to leave NXT.

That's a major dilemma, and I don't think the main roster bodes well for him at all. It sucks that smarmy heel in the vain of Sami may be the apex on the main roster, but there's a chance he'd end up putting on fire matches on 205 Live that no one will see. That may be worse.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Well remember him and Ciampa was originally called up until Ciampa got injured and they replaced them with Ricochet and Aleister Black

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Is he coming off injury or did they have to have him lay low for awhile to let that Aryan/Trump style gimmick and tweets blow over :lolbron:???

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Kushida had his first good match with Crews. Still not convinced by breh but its a start.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
That's a major dilemma, and I don't think the main roster bodes well for him at all. It sucks that smarmy heel in the vain of Sami may be the apex on the main roster, but there's a chance he'd end up putting on fire matches on 205 Live that no one will see. That may be worse.

I mean...I'm tired of him in NXT despite classic after classic for years now. Main roster he's going to be exposed to death within 3 months because that's just how it works. I sense the exact same trajectory that Sami Zayn has had, and it would be even worse for him if Ciampa was active because they'd of course be paired together forever in some form. This might be the best time for him to get called up so he can establish himself on a show without Ciampa at all and maybe when Ciampa is ready to come back, they won't feel compelled to have them feud/team forever like KO/Sami.